*ARCHIVED* Chapter 2: Secrets Revealed

"Where the hell am I?" I ask Lilly as she pulls up to an old building. She opens the door of the car stepping out without saying a word. I get out, leaning against  the car door. "I'm not going any where until you tell me what's going on Lilly." She comes around the car facing me. She studies me for a moment before turning and walking.

"So your going to leave me here."

"No. Your gonna come. You are way too curious." I sigh knowing she's right. Its not like I was gonna keep it up forever. Lilly's acting strange and I need to find out why.

I catch up with her as we reach the building.  "So that's how this is going to be? Your not going to tell me anything? Anything at all?" She keeps quiet as I keep pressing on. 

"God your acting just the exact same way you did when Sar-"

"Mira. Don't." She says lowly and I stop knowing I've taken it too far. She opens the door and starts walking inside past a few  locked rooms. She stops at one and opens it to a girl, maybe around her early thirties with short brown hair. She stands as Lilly pulls her to the side. They whisper low so I can't catch a word their saying. After a minute the girl and Lilly meet eyes with me.

"Mira. This is Malyia Gertude. Malyia, Mira." Lilly says. The girl-Malyia- comes closer. "I know a lot about you Mira. Wow, you look so much like your mother." Tears blur my eyes immediately. With that a ping of anger. I blink away tears from pouring at the sound of the word 'mother'.
"If you know so much about me you'd know my mother's dead. Been dead for twelve years. So when you say something like that please make sure that you really do know something about me." I turn, ready to walk away.

"Mira wait." Lilly stops me. "Move please. It's clear I do not belong here." I wait,ready for her to move. But she doesn't, she simply crosses her arms over her chest.

"I'm not moving. I'm brought you here for a reason. And I want you to stay please."

"Really? And for what good reason is that?" She seems be trying to put in right form but she takes too long. "That's what I thought. Now move Lilly."

"Mira. Your staying here. You move. Go on. Back in the room." She turns me around and makes me go into the room. "Now your going to sit down and listen to what Malyia has to say.

"Why are you even-"

"Don't ask questions just listen." Lilly says. She turns to Malyia signaling for her to start talking.

"Ok. Um hello Mira. Thank you for staying. Here's the reason why we did all of this. This is sort of weird but...your dreams. Its the reason why you're here." A million questions buzz in my head. I turn to Lilly. "What is she talking-?" Malyia interrupts me and continues. "Once you had your dreams Lilly and David had to watch you."

"Who?" Malyia knows I'm clearly lost and gives Lilly a questioning look. Lilly simply nods. "Alright. Before I continue, there's something I have to tell you. Your dad, the one you see every day...well he's not your dad... He's mine. Your real father Alex and mine David were real friends. Alex told my Dad to watch for you. The only reason I'm not there is because I live with Lilly. We couldn't risk exposing you to our world so early. I'd knew I would tell you any ways." She pauses. "And from the looks of it..its still very early. I'm still surprised that that mem-"
What? My Dad is gone....it can't be true...I have to be in a dream. I...
"Maylia..." Lilly hisses. Malyia snaps back out of whatever thought she's in and looks up at me, taking my hands in hers.

"Look I know this is all new to you and a bit crazy but it is 100% true. Do you understand?" I nod finally processing everything in my mind. The tears fall silently. "Your father, the real one, couldn't be here when we told you this. He couldn't be here to find out what you are."

"What I am?"

"Yes. He was locked up so he couldn't tell you your fate....or destiny..."

"My fate?"

"Or destiny!"

"What is it?"

"Only he knows."

"Well shouldn't we be looking for him? I have to know!"

"Lilly, can I talk to her for a minute?"

"Sure" She gets up and leaves shutting the door.

"So? Where is he?"

"Gone. Sent to the Fates."

"The Fates?"

"They know anything and everything about the earth. They created us after all."

"So did he-?"

"Become one of them? No. They felt that it was...well...that he was harmful to your future." She lets go of my hands fiddling with her own fingers.

"Look I'm going get Lilly... I just need some-" The door opens and Lilly walks right in. Her eyes are shockingly dark, like somethings overcome her. And its clear I'm not the only one that sees it. Maylia stands and mutters something before Lilly charges straight at us.