*ARCHIVED* Chapter 19: The Power Of The Darkness

Looking around, my eyes adjust to the morning rays of sunlight, Azekel sits comfortably in a chair by the bed I'm laying in. The whirring beeps of the hospital monitor replace Azekel's snoring.

Within a few minutes, everything I can remember comes back to me. Lilly, her...magic, Azekel, flown across and knocked out...I thought he was dead. Feeling a slight breeze around my arms I look down at my open hands, my powers hovering over them. I close my hands and the air ceases.

Opening my hand again and force my power back upon me. Joining both hands together at a distance, the air intertwines as one. My breath catches in my throat as the scenery around me becomes pitch black darkness. I can't see a thing. I try to speak but my voice is dead mute, no sound coming out.

My heart leaps in my chest as a bright, luminous, white light shines, the outline of Lilly's slender figure appearing. "Mira..." Lilly's voice rings through my ears like a booming speaker. I hold my hands to my ears as a screeching sound beats my ears. Closing my eyes, gears are turning awol in my head, practically screaming out, "DANGER". 

"Mira! Mira! What's wrong?" My eyes open for a split second, in which I can see Azekel leaping out of the chair at the sounds of my screams, hear the monitor beep louder, making the pain in my head feel like my body is about to explode into a million pieces. 

"Mira..." The dark monotone voice calls out for me again, it's lack of emotion chilling me to the bone. "Soon, your time will come." I suck in a deep breath as the dyspneic feeling leaves my system, the air filling my lungs into its normal pattern like it never skipped a beat. Running a hand through my hair, Azekel's hand meet my cheeks, turning me to face him dead in the eyes. 

"Mira! Mira, what-" I raise a hand up, seemingly tired of the same darn question coming out of everyone's mouth. 

"I'm fine Azekel...I just...I don't know..." 

"What did you see?" His hand gently rubs against my back, helping me lay back down on what I realize is a hospital bed. Guess they have everything here in Diovonnia. I shake my head, trying to dissolve the low ringing in my ears. My heartbeat still racing, doesn't bother to become steady. I continue to breathe deeply, unsure of what I just heard.

Soon your time will come... The voice lingers in the back of my head. "I saw Lilly's silhouette kept hearing this dark voice calling out my name...and that screeching sound like nails hitting a chalkboard." Even speaking of it brings back the events that only happened moments ago. Never have I had an experience as such, my hands are trembling, and my brain is scattered although my body somehow feels placed all together.
I just don't get it. "That's all you saw?" I nod, meeting Azekel's blue eyes, which bring a sense of calm to me.

"I'll be right back." Azekel's voice comes out low and soft before he exits the room.

The look on his face doesn't reassure me anything's getting better. I place my hand over my heart its beat faster than I've ever felt before. My heart. The words don't seem the same anymore as I know there's something wrong with me. It doesn't...feel right. Lilly did something to me...

My mind is clouded with this thought as I contemplate what to do next. I've stayed with these...strangers long enough, and now, I have to trust that they won't turn on me the same way Lilly did? 

"Lilly is using her dark Magic to lure her to your side"