*ARCHIVED* Chapter 12: Resurrection

The girl keeps eyeing me looks at me with dark eyes. "I see the fear in you weakling. I'm not going to kill you. Just answer me this. Where is it?"

"What? I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about!" I protest. "Oh but you do." She grabs my wrist and I follow her gaze to my blank skin. "What does this mean? I'm so confused. Please enlighten me with your magic facts" I say sarcastically. "Watch it. Or else my magic won't be the only thing you know about me." She counters.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Unless you want to go there, I suggest you keep it shut  and answer my questions only. Got it?" She closes her hand around my wrist lightly.

"Look, you don't have to do this. You and I don't know what I can do. I don't know what I'm capable of." I say wrench my hand from the girl's grip.

"Well lets see." She says clearing not believing me. "Let's see what you got. Show me your true powers. I DARE YOU."  I stand there her words having some effect on me.

I land a quick punch sending her back a few steps. I swoop low and as reach tries to land a comeback. Lifting my head I'm met with the woman's fist to my shoulder as I dodge her from hitting my face. I crumple to the floor from the impact and I grit from the pain. I force myself up and leap at her, tackling her to the ground, ready to attempt to knock her lights out. I pull my hand back but get interrupted by the woman's voice.

"Go ahead. Kill me. You know it's what you want." I finally break and fall to my knees half-crying. "I-I can't do it! I won't do it."

"And why?"

"I'm not a killer."

"Wrong-"

"Stop!" Malyia exclaims in fear finally coming to her recognition of speaking.

"Stephanie! ¿No lo ves? Esa es su hija!" Maylia says in Spanish. My Spanish is rough but I know enough to look at Maylia and the woman-Stephanie- in surprise. I'm her's. I see the recognition from top to bottom now. My mind goes back to my four year old self, where the coffin laid half open and my mother was there, her lifeless body unrealistic to me. I remember not moving an inch as I saw her there, because for some strange reason I was scared, scared because I heard her breathing.

And now she's here. Breathing.

"Mom?"