*ARCHIVED* Chapter 15: It Was The One You Didn't Expect

"Azekel, you better have a great plan right now!" I yell as I turn and see the emergency side door of the plane open up, a man jumping inside. Air masks hang loosely from every seat but I soon notice I don't need one. The man walks right up to me and I see he has dark eyes and no pupil. Cursed. The name seeps into my brain long enough for me to realize that is what he is. He throws a punch at me and I fall back, trying to inch away from him. But he has other plans.

He grabs me and spins me in headlock. I force my body forward and my instincts take over, flipping him over me. I jet to the emergency door, pulling it shut. I feel the man's arms grab my shoulders pulling at me. I duck low and swipe some air at him, making him slip and fall. "Guys! Just a little help here!" I back away as Azekel grabs the man, and takes him to the back seats, interrogating him.

Light comes next to me and I feel the warmth of his hands as he grabs my face gently. "Are you ok?" I nod, staring into his mesmerizing eyes. There like looking into a endless Galaxy of beautifulness. I am not really sure how to respond when his lips touch mine. "I didn't know I could do that... fight, I mean."
I say when our lips separate. He smiles. "There's a lot of things you can do, you just don't know it yet." I take his words in and can't help but sneak a smile his way.

I turn my attention back to Azekel who seems to not have noticed what has just sparked between me and Light. I walk over to him and the man who's locked in Azekel's grip. "Anything?" Light asks hopefully.

Azekel nods. "This Cursed over told me he is working for someone named Lilly. He says this Lilly threatens to destroy all the Elementals."

"Wait, Lilly is leader of the Cursed? Lilly Black? No way...she's my best friend, she wouldn't do anything like this." I turn to Light. "Do you know what this means?"

"It means that our suspicions were right. And with Lilly being the leader, the Cursed have now risen again." Light says with no disbelief.

"And the possibility of more being on our trail, meaning we need to move, right?" I say. Light grabs hold of the man as Azekel rushes to get the plane to Diovannia quick and fast.

"What are you going to to him?"

"I can just kill him." My eyes widen in shock at his remark. He grins.

"I'm only kidding...guess you're not ready for jokes yet." I can't contain my fear as I turn away. "I shouldn't have asked. Do whatever you're going to do, just so long as I'm not apart of it." Walking down aisle, I take a seats trying to wrap my head around all that's happened.

It's a little baffling, all of this. My dream of this place, this magical place these people come from...Diovannia was what they called it? It lead me to become some sort of magical being. And my father, my real father, was never there to help me...

My mother is miraculously alive after 12 years...she said she was protecting me...from what is beyond my understanding. This is all too confusing, too hard to comprehend... 

All my life I thought nothing was wrong, that everything was...normal. As I look out the airplane window, everything looks so...so different... It doesn't look or feel the same. 

"This is all too surreal..." 

"Mira, are you ok?" I look up to Azekel who gazes into my eyes. I shake my head. "No, maybe...I honestly don't know. This is just too..."

"Strange? Confusing? I wish I could say I know how you feel, but frankly, I don't. But," He says, sitting in the aisle across from me. "I can say though, that it's gonna take a while but I think you can get through this. It's not everyday we find a rogue Elemental-"

"So that's what I'm now, some rogue Elemental?" 

"No, let me rephrase that. An Elemental that is just wandering the outside. Usually their parents bring them to Diovannia, so they don't mess around too much outside the border."

"Well, I had the luxury of not having my real parents." I say sarcastically.

He pats my shoulder. "Now you have us." I smile at his attempt to be nice. He turns his head and nearly bolts up. I follow his fearful eyes to see Light within the hold of not the man now but another figure.

A girl with dark eyes, a slender figure stares at me.

As I look back at her I realize she is no longer Lillian Black.