*ARCHIVED* Chapter 8: The Truth About Fates: They Lie

"Care to explain?" I walk inside and make myself visible. How could Malyia be a Fate? No I heard wrong. "Look Mira, I'll explain everything if you could just calm and listen-"

"I've heard enough. If you guys arent going to tell me the truth, I'll find out myself." I disreguard the looks and run out through the back door ready to find the truth. All this time I wasted not knowing. They are lairs. She could have told me. Why keep it from me?

I hug my sweater close to my chest as the wind picks up. What have I done? The only way find to out more of my parents, gone. I think as I hear foootsteps behind me. I stop and turn around. No one there. I should go back. Maybe they'll tell me the truth. Sigh. I keep walking when I hear a thunk. Like someone landing on one of the fire escapes. I look up. There's nothing there Mira, keep moving.
Im just hearing things. Why of all doors I choose the back door?  I stop and take out my cell phone. I look through my contacts. But the list dosent show up because the phone rings: Caller Unknown. I answer it. "Hello?"

"Hello Mirabella. Are you ok?" An older man's voice.

"Who is this?"

He laughs. "What a shame you don't remember."

"Look I don't who you are who you are but what do you-" The phone goes dead. "Ok then." I say aloud.

I try to redial but the phone gets hot and I drop it watching the battery die out.
I told him to get me a new phone. "Ok who's there? Show your-" A hand is placed over my mouth and I'm thrown against the wall. I try to fight off the person, the darkness as well, but it is too forceful. I don't know if its my vision or, who knows, but a bright light shines on the intruders, at least what I think is a bright light, sending the intruders to the floor. The light is then consumed by darkness and I can finally see the person: Light.

I regain some strength and knock the boy off his feet. I go toward Light creating a wind barrier between us. The other boys try to attack but as I walk they can't move. he more I move the more I feel my power consume me. I kneel down and look at Light. His blonde hair covers his brown-hazel eyes. 

I move it over and touch his cheek, healing him little by little. He opens his eyes, smiles but then his face drops as we both realize the wind barrier is gone and one of the boys lunge at Light. I block him and push him out of the way. Next thing I know I'm thrown against the wall again, the breath knocked from me and I'm paralyzed. 

 Why do all the good people go through the worst things? I see Light fighting and men going down. Then Light goes down. I find myself fighting my way to him. One of the boys hold me in bear hug and I try to squirm away. I see Light look at me, his face ghost pale. I look at the boy and realize what's going to happen. I close my eyes but Lights last breath as the blade the boy hold goes through him. Peircing his heart. Then I say the only thing I can, his name.