*ARCHIVED* Chapter 7: The Test

We walk back in silence upstairs. I can't stop thinking, What just happened. After Light explained the four elements, I realized the partial truth. Light and I are Elementals. Light has the element of earth. Malyia has none apparently cause she's not Elemental, and Lilly has fire whereas I have air and ice. He's never seen anything like it. 

"So I'm different,as usual."  I tuck my hair behind my ear. "No, special. And that's a great thing. Now," He grabs a sharp metal object and cuts my palm open, placing it on my cheek. "Why are you doing this?" He takes his hand off. The wound is gone. "Wow." 

"Now. Not all wounds are visible. Some are in the heart. There are two ways to heal them, depending on who they are. I'll show you one."

"How?" He leans forward and kisses me on the lips. I gasp from surprise. He backs away. "I don't heal people like that do I?" I half smile. "Well it does involve kissing, on the forehead. Just kidding." He smiles.

"Wait but weren't we supposed to learn the other-" He's already heading up the basement steps.  I get up and walk towards the door.

I stay silent as we keep walking. We get to the room and I feel everything is wrong. I feel faint and Light holds me so I can regain my balance. I walk up to Lilly and Light grabs my arm. "Just grab her arm and twist it palm up. You'll experience pain but it'll go away. That's how you heal. You can do this." I nod. I advance on Lilly and look at Malyia who nods. I grab Lilly's arm and follow the routine. At first I don't feel anything. Then the pain comes slowly. It feels like poison seeping through my body. 

Like its killing me. Its burning like fire in my soul. Why aren't they saying anything?  But they are, Malyia starts to scream words that I cant hear.  I feel a searing heat and its too much for me to handle. I cant let go but Lilly's hand does. I fall to the floor hard the burning heat on me, less painful but enough to make me scream cry's of agony and pain as Malyia and Light try to help me. I scream at them to get away. I curl up in a ball waiting for this pain to be over. 

I don't know when but the pain subsides and I open my eyes. I'm in Maylia's bedroom. I sit up a little and then little by little I manage to get up. My energy slowly coming back to full fruition. I walk into what I think is the living room to see Light and Malyia talking. I stay in the hallway and try to hear what there saying.

"Malyia, we have to tell her about her-"

"Dont say it too loud. Her father isn't important right now. What we need to worry about is the propechy."

"Yea. She's in it and so is Sarah. They have to-"

"Find the Fates."

"Aren't I looking at one of them?" Light laughs. What? No way, Maylia is not a Fate. She can't be...