2 - Monday, October 14th

Monday, October 14th

"I waited for three whole days for you to respond to my emails or pings on skype. You are hardly ever at your desk. This is the only way I could get to talk to you.", Seokjin said as he stood in the washroom next to his HR who was standing bewildered, outside of his stall.

Realizing there was no escape, he replied, "We can't really change the compensation once it has been announced. You should raise the issue before we announce it."

"How will I know if it is bad before you announce it?", Seokjin said staring incredulously at the HR.

The other smiled pushing open the stall door, "That is the loophole of the system."

Seokjin stood dumbfounded. He walked back to desk to find a fresh set of emails in his inbox.

"Did you know?", his colleague said. "Mr. Han got a hike of 22%."

Seokjin's mind went numb. Mr. Han was the HR he just spoke to.

He opened his mails, composed a new mail, hit send, and left the building.

When he reached home, his roommate was sleeping. As an instructor he had to work early in the mornings and late in the evenings, making afternoon the only time he could afford sleep.

Seokjin sat down and opened a portal, when Hobi walked into the hall.

"Why are you home so early?", he asked rubbing his eyes.

Seokjin remained silent. Then, "I quit."

That woke Hobi up. "Jin-ah! You quit? Really?"

Seokjin thought his roommate would be furious, knowing how much of their monthly supplies would depend on his salary. But he seemed happy.

"Aren't you worried, Hobi?", he said. "I've to go back tomorrow and submit the data that I've. I probably won't get the salary that was due either. I don't have a back-up plan either."

Hobi shrugged, "Jin, we've been through worse. Remember college?"

Which was true, Seokjin thought.

When you are an orphan, who lived off doing odd jobs, in a world that is nothing but full of greed and lust, Seokjin and Hobi did face worse scenarios.

"Remember that one time I almost got sold to that old man?", Seokjin said. "This is definitely not that bad."

Hobi nodded, "Told ya. It'll be fine, Jin. You can temporarily work at the café. My job is still vacant."

"I think I'll take that up till I find a new one.", he said. "I should stay away from your boss, though."

Hobi shuddered, "Ex-boss. But yeah, be careful."

...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teeny weeny update. 🦔

Fake love era Jin hits so differently. I can't even -