30 - Sunday, 9th February - II

Double update because life is sad and we need taejin.

Sunday, 9th February - Part 2

Seokjin woke up to a text from Hoseok letting him know that he'd be home soon.

Out of habit, he opened the TaskIt app. He had no requests, but he could see that Jungkook had a 'Laundry' task last night. He bit his lip wondering if he should talk to both Jungkook and that ass, Jimin once.

He then quickly sent a message to Jungkook asking if he knew any 'P & K' firm.

He spent the next two hours cleaning the house and readying breakfast. Even after he showered, he felt restless. Like, something was crawling under his skin. He texted Taehyung but his messages remained unread.

He slumped on the couch and pulled out his phone. He typed in 'P & K' in Naver and opened the first result.

'P & K' stood for 'Park's & Kim's' – it was rebranded recently and owned a multitude of industries across South Korea and Japan. Seokjin went through the list of firms and spotted the one which held the Innovator's Boost. That is why it looked familiar.

One of the reference links caught his eye – 'P & K leads the AI industry in Japan. Click more for images from the event.'

Just as he was about to hit it, he spotted another link – 'Both of 'P & K' heirs make it to the top 10 most eligible bachelors of South Korea.'

Seokjin clicked on the second one. The list was in descending order and Seokjin slowly scrolled past each of them – he knew and recognized none.

When he reached the third slide, he almost dropped his phone. He rubbed his eyes and zoomed in to focus on the picture. He read the name again and let out a whistle. He sent a message to Jungkook to meet him for dinner that night.

As he was about to continue to the next slide, the door swung open and Hoseok stumbled in. His face was flushed red and he looked like he ran a marathon.

"Hobi. Are you okay?", Seokjin said as he put his phone away and rushed to him.

Hoseok shook his head, "Jin, I am so stupid."

Seokjin helped him walk to the couch, "Why are you drunk?"

Hoseok didn't seem to hear what he said because he rambled as tears rushed down his red cheeks, "It is always the same shit. I – I thought he is different. That he really liked me – liked to be with me and not just fuck around."

"Who?", the elder one asked softly. "Hob-ah, what happened?"

Hoseok only cried more, "This is so stupid. I don't even know him – it's been what 2 weeks since I've known him. Why am I crying over him?"

"It'll pass.", Seokjin whispered, unsure of what his roommate was talking about. "You'll be fine."

Hoseok shook his head again, "I feel like shit. I feel broken. I feel like I am in love with a stranger who never met me."

The last one hit Seokjin. There is nothing he feared more than secrets between lovers. "Hob-ah. I'll get you the pills. You need to rest."

After he gave him his pills, he helped take his shirt off when he noticed the bruises on his shoulder. He kind of understood the state of his roommate but he had to talk to him after he wakes up.

He went back to the kitchen to have breakfast, filled with thoughts about Hoseok when a notification from Jungkook popped up.

'We'll meet for lunch. I have to show you something', the message said.