33 - Wednesday, 12th February

Wednesday, 12th February

Seokjin couldn't breathe. He gasped for air like he was underwater and tried to reach out to that one voice.

"Jin-ah", Hoseok shook him awake.

He fluttered open his eyes, but the tears didn't stop. He felt Hoseok's arms around his body as he tried to calm him.

Seokjin rubbed his tears away.

"Another nightmare?", Hoseok asked soothingly, to which the elder one only nodded.

After a few seconds, he muttered, "I keep hearing his voice calling my name. I want to reach out to him, but I keep drowning.

Every place reminds me of him. I changed the sheets thrice, but they still smell like him. How is that even possible? It's like his scent crawled into my own skin."

Hoseok patted his head and was about to reply but Seokjin continued, "It is probably some stupid Gucci perfume of his that stays on forever. Does Gucci even sell perfumes?"

"I don't... know.", his roommate replied. It was 3 in the morning and Hoseok had an early schedule.

Seokjin let out another sudden groan.

"W-what now?", Hoseok asked trying hard to suppress his grogginess.

"I smeared chocolate syrup on his Gucci shirt. Oh, god.", he whined and pulled out his phone. He typed something into it and scrolled for some time.

Hoseok patiently waited for his roommate. Then, "What are you – "

"What the actual fuck. It costs more than my entire pay for this year.", he screamed.

"Jin, what are you – ", Hoseok started but stopped when Seokjin shoved the phone into his face. It showed a picture of a Gucci shirt and its insane cost next to it.

"Am I being stupid, Hob-ah?", he asked, his voice weak.

Hoseok wrapped his arms tighter, "Honestly, no. We've lived all our life devoid of trust. If I had to live with a partner who lied to me about his life, then I'd refuse to do that."

There was a pause. Then, "But Jin, you know Taehyung. You kept telling me that he isn't capable of being vile or treacherous. You should talk to him."

Seokjin spooned into Hoseok's form, "Right now I am trying to filter the lies from the truth. I need time."

He then added, "Do you think he is okay, Hob-ah? He tends to not eat if he is sad."

Hoseok brought his lips to the top of the other's head. "Sleep."

"Stay.", said the other.

Hoseok only hummed as he caressed the other's arms, as an act of persuading him to sleep.

...

At the same time, on the other side of the city, a boy was wrapped up in blankets, wearing a plain tee, just because it had a faint scent of Seokjin. He cut another date off on the calendar next to his bed and kissed the Polaroid picture in his hand. He then hugged an alpaca plushie, trying to fall asleep.

...

Jungkook was standing at the door of the same room he once moved cartons to. He had to get back to Seokjin before noon.

As soon as he knocked, Jimin pulled him and shut the door. It was a habit he put in place to ensure no one walked in.

Jungkook placed a chaste kiss on his lips and smiled at him.

Jimin was already dressed in formals. He went back to the bed to put on his coat.

"You should've told me beforehand that you were coming.", the elder one said as he pulled on his coat. "I would've postponed the meeting."