22 - Friday, 17th January

Friday, 17th January - the next day

Hoseok nervously tapped his feet as he sat outside the producer's office. He was told last night that he will be registered as a permanent employee with them, but the only catch was that his pay would start from next week.

An attendant rang him in. "He is waiting."

Hoseok bowed and knocked the door that had a name written across in boring bold font. The attendant gestured him to go in, in spite of a lack of response from the inside.

There was silver haired guy sitting on the couch. Hoseok wasn't sure if that was Min Yoongi because he assumed it was someone old based on the number of songs that he wrote and produced.

His arrival didn't seem to faze him, so he cleared his throat.

And, when that also didn't help, he announced, "Hello. I am Jung Hoseok."

With that, the silver haired guy looked up, "What?"

"I am Jung Hoseok."

"Nice.", he said and went back to looking at his phone.

"I'm here to meet Min Yoongi."

He looked up again, "Okay. I am Min Yoongi. You can leave now."

Hoseok looked confused, "I wanted to talk about the advance."

Yoongi continued to type furiously on his phone and then looked up at him. "What do you want?"

"I was made permanent last night. But I won't receive my payment until next week. I was wondering if I could – "

"Permanent what?"

"My job as a dance instructor has been made permanent.", Hoseok said stressing on every word.

Yoongi spoke, "Good for you."

"I wanted to be paid in advance for utilities."

"Oh."

"I was told you approve such requests.", Hoseok said. He wondered if Yoongi was even listening to anything.

Yoongi got up from the couch and walked to Hoseok. He was little shorter than the latter but had fierce cat-like eyes. "Actually, no. I don't have anything to do with that. And, I have been living off on coffee for two days with hardly any sleep. I can hear you talk but I am unable to function."

Hoseok played with his cuffs. He didn't know if the guy really wasn't in charge of such approvals or if he was just avoiding it.

However, Yoongi hit the button next to his desk and the attendant came running in. "Give whatever he wants and please confirm if they want Yoongi or Yoonji before you send them in."

The attendant nodded and gestured Hoseok to follow her.

"Is he okay?", he asked her as soon as they were out of earshot.

She chuckled, "He overworks himself and is always stuck in his lab. Don't judge him too quickly. He is really sweet."

"He did approve my request.", Hoseok said smiling.

The attendant handed him over a receipt, "Well, Yoonji should approve that. She is on maternity leave but his decision overrules hers. So, the amount will be transferred tonight. I hope that is fine."

"That should do. Thank you.", Hoseok replied as he dialed on his phone.

...

The clock struck 9:00 and Mr. Yi popped at their door.

Hoseok opened the door and grunted. "Give me an hour. I'll have to go withdraw the money."

"No. That is okay. I've been overcharging you for the last three years. You don't have to pay for this month.", Mr. Yi said as he shuffled uncomfortably near the door.

Hoseok stood still before he croaked, "What?"

"Just came to tell that to you. I'll send the details of the new rent amount this weekend.", he answered.

Hoseok only said, "What?"

"Is Seokjin home?", he asked.

Hoseok narrowed his eyes, "Is this because you want to fuck Jin?"

Mr. Yi yelped. "No, no. I wanted to apologize to him."

"I don't believe you, but he is not at home.", Hoseok said utterly confused.

"Okay. Let him know if he comes home.", Mr. Yi said before he awkwardly bowed and left.

Hoseok shrugged and shut the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted because I am booooored. 🦔