11 - Monday, November 25th

Monday, November 25th

Taehyung spotted Namjoon only a little too late from across the office floor, trying to swiftly make his way to him before he slips away. Again.

"I feel like a baby sitter. Not like I worked my ass off to top the university and get recruited into the top firms of South Korea.", Namjoon said glaring at Taehyung.

Taehyung put up his professional mask and straightened his back, "Mr. Namjoon, I fail to understand where these accusations stem from."

"Tae! Come on, that locality is not safe. You are out there till 1 or 2 in the night.", Namjoon said taking the seat across the other.

Taehyung dropped his mask and shut his laptop, "Brutus does pick me up then. Just around the corner so that Jin doesn't see it."

Namjoon rubbed his temple with his two fingers, "Tae, where do you think this is going?"

"What do you mean, Joonie?"

"Don't beat around the bush. In four years of our university life, not once have I seen you go out of your way to date someone. You are way too invested in this guy. And, well, he is a guy."

"Yeah, flash news, I am not straight.", Taehyung griped. "You already know that.'

"This isn't about me understanding you. This is about Seokjin, about your father. You can't fool around, Tae."

Taehyung got up from his place, walked around and sat next to Namjoon, on the floor, on his knees, and took Namjoon's hands into his.

"Joonie, remember when in our final year, everyone got high, and I was too scared to try. Even though Jimin kept telling me it was fine, I couldn't get myself to do it. And, for weeks after that everyone bragged about how it was the best night of their life and I regretted it so much. Not that I could get myself to try it later but – "

"What are you saying?", Namjoon softly spoke.

Taehyung chuckled in embarrassment, "I am doing that thing right, where no one understands what I speak?"

Namjoon just smiled.

"What I am trying to say is, I don't regret it anymore. Because the first time I got to experience that high, it didn't have to be drug induced. I feel everything that those people described when I am with him. I am unconditionally happy, Joonie. I am free."

...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smol chapters.