07

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter six*

I was standing along the back wall with the rest of my faction. Finally, all the factions had chosen and all the angels had been picked.

I trailed behind my faction as they exited the building. They always had an air of professionalism to them, and I wondered how much my two friends had changed with this job.

Will I change too?

But of course as soon as we stepped out of the building, they practically jumped me.

"JEONGIN," they screeched, engulfing in a big hug.

"Not this again," I groaned as once again people glanced at us strangely.

"Seungmin, Hyunjin," Chan said, "get off him."

"Yes sir," Seungmin said, mock saluting and stepping away.

Hyunjin on the other hand just shook his head and clung onto me.

Chan walked over to him and peeled him off. We all walked back to their dorm, or I guess kind of mine now too, Hyunjin whining the entire way because Chan kept him separated from me.

We finally reached the dorm building. It was just a normal white building, that was a couple stories high, but not very wide. The inside was, like almost everything else in heaven, themed white and seemed to literally sparkle.

Everyone got in the elevator and Chan hit the button for the ninth floor. The ride was awkward and silent, but as soon we entered their dorm everyone introduced themselves.

I already knew Hyunjin and Seungmin, and kind of knew Chan, but there five more.

Let me just say, they're all clowns.

Felix is a living reference to any pop culture in the mortal world. It could be a recent thing, like tik tok dances (which made no sense to me) or something that was far over, like dabbing. He was a messenger angel, so it made sense that he was always updated on these things.

Then there was Jisung, who was enemies with Hyunjin, looked like a squirrel, and was not the brightest. Amazingly, he was a guardian angel, and to be completely honest, I was a little scared for the mortals he helped.

There was also Minho and Changbin, who were both among Micheal's fighter angels. Minho was the tough guy of the group and Changbin was the one that wanted to be the tough guy, but just wasn't.