44

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty two*

Two days until the solar eclipse.

God sighed as he stared at heaven from his balcony.

Why do things like this always have to form some deadline? Like why can't he enjoy an eclipse for once? Nope, apparently he can't because he'll get sucked into a deceivingly peaceful garden.

Heaven was a bit more of mess today. Normal people had witnessed Minsun getting kidnapped and what had happened to Uriel. They didn't know what exactly was going on, but they knew there was something. It was understandable that there was a bit of a panic.

But that really wasn't important right now.

What mattered right now was obviously putting a stop to Eden's plan. Once she was stopped and the whole conflict was over, God could prove to the people that he and his chosen angels could protect them from threats. That they were still safe up here.

Whether that was true or not was up for debate, but if the people believed it, then it was okay, right?

God shook his head to clear the random thoughts and then walked back inside. He made his way down to the meeting room and almost took a double take when he realized it was full of people. He had forgotten he told Jeongin to gather everyone.

He grimaced when he saw that Raphael still wasn't present and that Uriel's chair stood completely empty even though some people were sitting on the ground.

"Sorry I'm late," he said, "I was...thinking."

"Splendid use of your time," Micheal said, before God shut him up with a glare.

God walked over to his chair and took a seat. He tried not to look at Uriel's chair and instead at everyone else that were uninjured. For now.

Jeongin's entire angel faction was there, all of them looking extremely nervous except one. Jeongin, Samantha, and Ean were also there. Out of the archangels Gabriel and Micheal were present, and also Esther who was kind of like an honorary member.

The whole Eden fiasco was kept under wraps from everyone, including the top angel factions. There was no way God could involve them right now, especially when they were busy with other things. The people in front of him were the only people he could count on.

"By now I guess that all of you know what happened," God said, "Eden has Minsun. This means two things. One, she is just another step closer to her goal, while we have taken a step backwards. And two, Minsun is in danger. They won't kill her, but they will probably use a dangerous amount of her blood."