46

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty four*

"Let's go," God said.

Everyone was standing in a line in front of the balcony. God had just broken the stone using a blast of bright, golden light that turned it into powder. The stone had looked like an emerald, and some of the green dust still floated through the air, creating an even more magical atmosphere.

But no one had time for that.

"Wait, not yet," Jeongin said, "What about the twins?"

God looked at the rising sun off his balcony, as if it was a clock.

"They'll be here...right now," he said, and as soon as he did flames erupted to the left of everyone.

When they diminished, Zanique and Zerzo were standing there. They were wearing different clothes, ones that might protect their bodies a bit more. They were too small to wear the armor Mark had tried to make them fit into, so it was more of just a sweats look.

"Uncle said that the devils received your signal and will meet you on the island," Zerzo said, though at the moment no one could tell them apart.

"Good," God said, "Time for us to leave."

Half the group joined hands with Gabriel and the other half joined hands with God. In a flash, the palace in heaven was left empty except for the guards.

The shores of the biggest Langkawi Island on the other hand, immediately greeted the angels as they landed.

"Dang that takes a lot," Gabriel said, placing his hands on his knees as he panted.

He didn't look completely worn out yet, but he did look a little drained. The whole group, minus the devils, consisted of thirteen angels. Gabriel had taken six, which definitely took a toll on his body.

"I'll be recovered in no time," he said, "Don't worry about me."

"I gave the devils my signal," God said, looking completely fine even though he transported seven angels over, "They'll be here soon. We should find Eden and Minsun now."

Everyone nodded, taking on a determined expression.

"Felix said there was a lot of energy coming from the center of the island," Jeongin said, "That's where we should go, right?"