19

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter eighteen*

"Cho?!" I asked.

He had been staring around with a dead expression, but as soon as he heard my voice, his eyes snapped up to meet mine.

"Minsun?!" he said, stepping back in shock.

I looked at Jeongin, but he looked just as surprised. I guess there was no way to know every single angel, especially one that spends his time traveling around the worlds.

We stared at each other, surprised, but the moment was broken by God's hysterical laughter.

"You guys know each other!" he said, through his laughter, "This is too good."

"You done?" Cho asked, crossing his arms.

Jeongin looked taken aback at the way Cho was talking to God, and honestly so was I.

"Shut it," God snapped, glaring at Cho.

His body visibly shuddered and he kept quiet. I wondered how exactly him and God had such a connection.

"Now," God said, "Go to hell and bring me back my staff."

"Why can't you go yourself?" Cho mumbled, then nervously glanced up at God.

"Because this is a punishment for these two," God replied, smirking.

"Oh?" Cho said, smirking as well, "What did you do?"

I frowned and looked down. I still wasn't accustomed to the fact that everyone I knew was very quickly becoming some powerful being.

"They simply formed a friendship when they weren't supposed to," God said, "Now shut up and stop shoving your bratty nose in other people's business."

It was my turn to smirk, it just felt so good to see Cho get shown up by God himself.

"Jeongin," God said, and the angel looked up at him, "Esther. She hasn't returned, but she's not dead. I can feel her presence in hell."

"Why would she be in hell if Satan isn't?" Jeongin asked.

"Satan does not enjoy the company of angels, as I'm sure you know," God said, "So he kept her in hell with other devils. Don't stress on finding her, she's alive and well right now, devils are actually quite hospitable. But if you find her, bring her back."