39

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter thirty seven*

God was trying to figure out what exactly they needed to do, when Gabriel and Raphael popped in front of him with Gabriel's signature bright, golden flash.

God yelped and fell over onto his butt, Raphael and Gabriel both wincing in regret.

"Uhh sorry," Gabriel mumbled, as he reached down to help pull God back onto his feet.

God just slapped his hand away and stood up on his own.

"Oh thank myself you're awake," God said, once he had registered the situation, "Do you feel better?"

Gabriel gave him a look, wondering if he realized what he just said, but answered the question.

"Yeah," he said, "Better than before, actually. I'm ready to activate the magic, if that's what you're saying."

"No, I was just making sure you were okay," God said, absentmindedly, "But I do need you to activate that magic and find out where Satan and Eden are hiding."

Gabriel's eyebrows arched up in surprise, but he nodded his head professionally. He assumed God had accidentally let that slip, or that he didn't really mean it, which of course wasn't true.

"I'll need to make preparations," he said, "It doesn't take much these days, so the magic will be performed by the end of today."

"Sounds good," God said, "Just try to do it as fast as you can."

Gabriel nodded and left the room with Raphael trailing behind him to help out. Things had obviously gotten worse while he was knocked out, but he didn't know by how much worse.

"How bad are things now?" Gabriel asked Raphael, who ran to catch up with him.

"Pretty bad," Raphael said, "Satan sent another dream to Minsun, showing her that they kidnapped her Dad. We don't know if it's true."

"That pretty much confirms what God thought was already true then," Gabriel summed up.

"Yeah," Raphael said, trailing off.

The two exited the palace and Gabriel led the way to their old house. It brought back memories, the days they spent in there with Jeongin, when he was just a kid and everything was peaceful.