50

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*epilogue*

Jeongin groaned as he landed against the hard, rock ground. Another rock from the precipice above him landed on his hand, definitely leaving a bruise.

Samantha winced as she saw it and flew over, offering out her hand.

"Sorry," she said, as she helped Jeongin back up to his feet, "Probably could have warned you that was a possibility."

"It's fine," Jeongin said, "You can buy me something as an apology."

"What, hey!" Samantha yelled, but Jeongin was already flying back at their target.

She grumbled in frustration, she already had to provide for Byeol, providing for another grumpy angel was not exactly what she had planned. But she took off too, following him.

They had traveled to the mortal world together, on God's orders of course, to take out a nephilim giant that was destroying farmland and all that stuff.

God's exact words had been "terrorizing the citizens and destroying their farmland," but it was actually a deserted place at night (the only time the nephilim came out of its cave) and it was busy destroying an old rubber factory.

The modern mortal world was very different from the place it had been years ago.

"Samantha, I'm going in again!" Jeongin shouted, and then dived down at its head.

"Hey, wait, I'm not close enough-" Samantha protested, but was cut off by a bright golden flash that sent her body flying backwards.

She landed on the grass and then stood back up immediately. Jeongin was next to her and the nephilim was gone.

"And that's what I call a job well done," Jeongin said, dusting himself off.

"Jeongin, you destroyed the factory," Samantha said, staring at the area that was now just a hole in the ground.

"A job well done," he repeated, deliberately facing the opposite direction.

They both flinched as they heard police sirens down the road and saw the flashing blue and red lights coming closer to where they were.

"Let's get out of here," Jeongin said.

He grabbed Samantha's hand, and one bright flash later, they were gone.