47

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty five*

The pain shooting through Minsun's body was unreal.

At first the only thing that was bad was the claws digging into her skin and the sensation of her blood being pulled out of her body. But now she could feel herself losing consciousness and fading away.

If she passed out she knew she would just be one step closer to death.

It felt like a wave passed over her each time blood was removed from her veins. She could see black spots dancing in front of her vision, but she couldn't let herself go.

Hang on, Minsun, don't give up, think about what she can do with your blood...

Come on, keep your eyes open, don't even blink...

Please...

It was helpless. Minsun felt herself slipping away.

"Eden," Cho said, eyeing Minsun warily, "That's enough, if you take more blood, she'll die."

"Oh Cho," Eden said, relishing at the power she felt surging through her entire being, "You're smart, but you always did have a naive side to you."

"What?" Cho ask, shocked, "Eden, you said-"

"That I wouldn't kill her?" she said, sending a look at Cho that sent shivers through his spine, "Promises are important, but empty words aren't. What I said before were empty words. I need her blood. All of it."

"Eden, you'll kill her," Cho said, practically begging at this point, "She is your daughter, you don't want to do that."

"Maybe I do," Eden said, then laughed.

"Stop, please stop," Cho said, feeling tears fill his eyes as he saw Minsun writhe in pain, "You don't need all of it. You know that."

Eden growled and sent a blast of pure energy at Cho. The green blast hit him square in the chest and he flew backwards, toppling off the wooden platform suspended feet above the ground. His sister screamed as he flew past her, her hair blowing with the wind that was created by the blast.

He grabbed the side of the platform, and used his wings to fly back up onto it.

"Not another word, boy," Eden hissed, "Your sister doesn't have wings or the same strength as you."