14

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter thirteen*

Me and Minsun were walking back to her house from Zanique and Zerzo's shop. She told me that usually she would still have half of her shift left, and that her day would go by working there. But since today things had gone down and they'd closed earlier, she had nothing to do.

We arrived at her house and she opened her door, waiting a little for me to fly in. I became visible to her eyes as soon as I was concealed inside the safety of her house.

"So," she said, "What do you want to do?"

She plopped down on her couch, and I grabbed a pillow from a different section. I tossed it behind her back so that when she leaned back, she could be comfortable.

"Thank you," she said, surprised as she felt it.

"No problem," I said, cracking my own back, "And I personally think you should rest after working practically everyday."

"Well, before I worked to make money for me and my Dad," she said, "Now I have to make money for myself since he's gone."

"He's sending you money from Japan, right?" I asked.

"Well, yeah," she sighed, "I just don't want him to work too hard."

"None of us want anyone we love to be burdened," I said, thinking about my own family, "But at the end of the day, what can we do? Sometimes life tosses you obstacles and you just have to get over them."

Minsun stared at me for a second, sitting up on the couch.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"That was deep," she said, leaning back down.

A silence passed between us. Minsun closed her eyes and just let the sunlight from outside her window wash over her. I found myself staring, for some reason, and quickly looked away.

She suddenly sat up, looking determined.

"I'm showing you around the mortal world," she said.

"You know," I replied, "I used to live in the mortal world. It's not like I'm a tourist."

"Yeah," she said, "but you were small. There's not much you could do."

"So you're just going to take an angel marching around the mortal world with you?" I asked, "Don't you think that's a bit strange?"