45

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty three*

Heaven was in a sort of rush. Everyone was moving around, too nervous about what was to come to sit still.

Ean, Samantha, and Jeongin trained all day with Esther. Gabriel, Raphael, and Micheal helped God wrap all their preparations up.

Uriel hadn't made a complete recovery, but he was doing well. Well enough to stay back with Chan, Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Felix to make sure heaven was out of harm's way and that the regular people stayed safe.

As for the Stray Kids Angel Faction, it was going through something it never had before. None of them knew what to do, considering they were about to go on a dangerous mission together very soon. But they knew it would make their status skyrocket and protect all the worlds from possible destruction, so they gave it their all, just like they did with everything else.

Time passed and it was one day before the solar eclipse. One day before it was time to sink or swim. And sinking was not the option they were going for.

Everyone had gathered in God's meeting room again, ready to hear his final words before everything went down tomorrow.

"She won't be able to do anything until the full eclipse, which will be in the middle of the day," God said, "Until then, we have to do everything possible to prevent that. Getting Minsun back will work, but if they've already used her blood, then we'll have to improvise."

He did his best to make eye contact with every angel standing or sitting in the room. The sun was setting outside his window, and even if barely anyone would sleep, he wanted them to get ample rest.

"Let's head to bed," he said, "We'll leave early in the morning. Or rather, Felix will and we'll follow."

Felix gulped, nervous about the task laid out for him tomorrow. If he failed, so would everybody else.

The room cleared out and God was left with a splitting headache. Did he ever get headaches? Not really, because he could control how much they hurt with magic.

But this time, he felt that he deserved the headache. This whole mess was his fault. In fact, he deserved way more than a headache.

He looked up when someone patted his shoulder, then whirled around to face Uriel.

He had bandages on his face and one big one that wrapped around the stump that was once his arm. His wings didn't look too bad anymore, but they hung limp, like they had fought off a World War by themselves. Which they just might have.