31

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter twenty nine*

Gabriel and Micheal tumbled into the meeting room. Micheal stood up and his sword melted away, he was completely fine, just with a couple scratches.

But Gabriel stayed on his knees, leaning on the floor with his forearms. He was coughing up blood, and even though he was trying to, he couldn't stand up. His left wing was almost destroyed. It had scorch marks and holes running through it, he had no clue how he used it to fly just seconds ago.

He was also exhausted after transporting himself and Micheal back to heaven in that state.

Micheal looked around the room. God was standing in the back, not really doing anything and just staring at Gabriel with empty eyes. Raphael was no where to be seen and Uriel had just run over to help Gabriel up.

Being careful with his injured wing, Uriel pulled the angel's arm over his shoulder. He coughed again, covering it with his arm and splattering more blood on it.

"Take him to the infirmary, but don't let a lot of people see," God instructed Uriel, "The last thing I want is panic to spread to the regular people. And I also don't want Minsun or Jeongin to see, they've both got enough on their plates."

Uriel nodded and began to slowly walk there with Gabriel. He shielded the angel with his wings so no one could see his condition.

"Micheal," God said, "What happened?"

"Satan was there," Micheal started, "But not really. Not his full form, he was teleporting a part of himself there while staying in one place. Gabriel said he needed to touch him, and then Eden said that it was old magic. I still have no clue what they were talking about."

God's eyes snapped up at the mention of the old magic. He knew what they were talking about, most of the original angels and devils did, but not Micheal because not everything stuck in his thick head.

"Did he?" God asked, quickly, "Did he touch him? Even just a brush of his fingers?"

"Well, first he tried to but Eden was able to control his body with her magic," Micheal continued, "She basically threw his body inside the smoke that made up Satan. He came out almost like he is now. But then Eden said the contact was canceled because of their magic. So then right as we were leaving, Gabriel smacked Satan with his left wing, that's how it got all beaten up. I think that contact mattered."

"It did matter," God said, beaming for the first time in a while, "We can finally find out where Satan is hiding. As soon as Gabriel activates the magic, he'll be sort of like a tracker to Satan. Even if he's constantly moving we'll know his location."