New guy ~1

Kaneki's pov
Today's the first day I'll see hide again since nishiki and I fought, and to this day I'm not sure if hide really saw what happened.

[knocking]

I opened the door to see a smiling face greeting me, "Yo kaneki...how've you been" he laughed.

"I'm alright...I'm glad you're ok" I said and offered him a smile.

"Same here...though I can't exactly remember what happened It's all a blur" he shrugged.

"I see" I said "anyway Let's head to school I'll need you to give me the work I missed when we get there" I smiled slightly.

"Ah alright" he sighed.

He doesn't know.

"So you hear we might be having a transfer?" Hide said suddenly changing the subject.

"Really?...no I haven't," I said grabbing the strap to my bag.

"What if it's a girl...you might get your chance after all" he nudged my arm.

"Hide...I'm not looking for anyone right now...who would want to date me anyway," I said.

The last girl I tried dating ended up biting a chunk out of my shoulder and almost killing me.

(a/n He literally got his guts rearranged on his first date...I can't-)

"There you go again, you went depressed" hide laughed.

"S-sorry," I said and looked ahead of me.

"Come on kaneki you're a whole score I mean you're...tall...ish" hide said.

"I'm just average, and a dork," I said not pondering on it too much.

"I mean you're not wrong...but man you're a downer" hide said "I'd bet that there's someone out there who'd love you for the dork you are".

"right" I laughed.

"I'll say I told you so when the time comes" hide stretched.

We walked up to the school when I noticed everyone being more on edge than usual. I've been absent for a while but...this is a little too much of a change.

"Probably about the transfer" hide said not really minding all the fuss."Hey guys what's up" he walked up to some people he knew.

"Hey" they responded giving an occasional handshake here and there.

"So what's up with everyone?" Hide asked taking his side by me again.

"Everyone is talking about the transfer...some people saw him walking up to the school," they said.

"It's a him," I said to hide now shutting down his theory.

"so what's the talk about him" hide asked.

"All the girls are fawning over him," they said as I looked around to confirm it.