Pity party ~ 3

Rins pov
[music plays]

I tapped my pencil on the desk as I read over Kaneki's notes and the small remarks he would write for me.

"I can't let his efforts go to waste" I stretched as I pinned my hair back when I went back to reading the notes and the assignment given to me.

[pencil taps]

I stared at the same word on the page as I sighed.

"I don't think I can to this" I laughed as I leaned back against the chair.

[phone dings]

I picked it up and smiled.

Kaneki Ken

There's supposed to be a firework show today
I could take you if you're Interested.

Do I have to pay for a ticket or anything ?

No it's just in the city you just hang around for a while.

Then I don't mind
Sounds great

Alright could we meet up where we usually go? I'll bring hide too

Oh that pricks coming. It's fine hes kanis friend anyway

Sure thing

I set down my phone as I stood up from the desk

I'll just figure this out later.

I stood for a minute until I plopped onto the bed behind me.

This is one of the first times someone's invited me to go out and hang first, usually even at the cram school before everything went down I was the one making arrangements or we'd just go with whatever mephisto had planned.

I'm going for a walk...I'll just wait it out for kaneki that way.

I put on a blue hoodie and grabbed my phone and sword.

[door opens then closes]

[sigh]

I looked around and saw a couple of stores I'll probably go to once I get more money And continued to walk feeling the crowd grow larger.

I stopped by some food truck grabbing something to drink as I looked around.

[chatter]
[car horn]

"Did you hear about the ghoul attacks"

"I heard CCG is investigating aogiri do you think it's safe here".

[sigh]

[faint scream]

My ears perked at the sound as I threw away the cup and ran towards the scream. I felt someone crash into me as I tried to catch them but failed as they fell to the floor.

"Hey you ok...sorry about that," I said as he looked up.

"No...I'm fine I just can't find my sister...I lost her in the crowd" he said.