2.0

Goal: 2 votes and 6 reads??

Kaelyn's POV

"Kaelyn??" Luke asked, turning towards me. We were in the back of the bus, watching TV. The others were somewhere, probably with 1D.

"Yeah Luke??"

"Where was your dad last night, you haven't even mentioned him at all."

I looked at my lap, fiddling with my fingers.

"Kaelyn?? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. You don't have to answer."

"No, it's fine. I'll tell you, just promise me two things."

"Okay..." He said nervously.

"Please don't tell the others. Shelby knows since she is my best friend, but I don't think I can tell the others."

"Tell us what??" Calum asked as he came in the back with Ashton, Michael, Shelby, Niall, Louis, Harry, Liam and Zayn.

"Guys, can you please-" Luke said before I stopped him.

"It's fine. I was gonna tell Luke why I haven't mentioned my dad at all, but you guys should know. I don't want to have Luke keep something from you." I told them.

"Kaelyn, you don't have to tell them if you don't want to." Shelby said, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, we understand." Liam said.

"Especially me, since my dad isn't in my life." Ashton added.

"No, it's fine. Just promise that Shelby and I can still be friends with you guys after this trip??"

"Of course, I know I would feel so bad if I completely ignored you." Luke said, giving me a hug.

Everyone else agreed, and I prepared myself mentally.

"I'm gonna start from the beginning." I tell them, and Luke pulls me closer to him.

"So, my mom had dated this one guy from when she was around my age to when she was 25. They were 'high school sweathearts' according to my mom's best friend. They both applied to the same college and had all of their classes together. Then at a college party 3 weeks before they graduated, they got drunk and..."

"You don't have to say it." Luke said, giving me a small smile.

"Thanks. So the morning before their graduation, my mom got sick. She had her boyfriend get some pregnancy tests, I think about 5. They all said she was pregnant. Her boyfriend freaked out, he wasn't ready I guess. My mom was happy, she had wanted her own child for as long as she could remember. He stayed with her until after they graduated and were leaving. He said he couldn't handle having a child, but he would pay child support, as long as he never saw us again. He broke my mom's heart and, even though I hadn't been born yet, mine. 2 years ago my mom had went to court to end the child support because she didn't need it anymore." I finished, realizing I was crying.

"Kaelyn, I don't really know what to say, but you and your mom deserve better." Luke said, wiping my tears away and holding me close to him.

"My mom hasn't been on a date since that happened. He hurt her so much mentally, she was afraid of what would happen."

"She seems okay, she is even gonna foster some kids, but I don't think she is replacing you." Ashton said.

"Yeah, I know, I have always wanted a sibling so I'm not worried. I just hope the right guy for her comes around soon." I said, wiping the last tears from my face. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be all dramatic."

"It's fine Kaelyn. We understand that that was hard for you." Zayn said.

"Thank you so much." I smile at everyone.

"Now, how about a movie?? You pick Kaelyn." Niall said.

"Mean Girls!!" Luke and I exclaimed at the same time, and we end up laughing at each other.

"Okay, Mean Girls it is." Michael laughed.