5.

It is three o'clock in the night and I am on the road again to deliver the brochures and newspapers. Unfortunately my delivery van is still in the workshop and so I have to pull this annoying heavy cart behind me here again.

I think it is even colder this night than last night and to my sorrow it has also started to rain. And I am so incredibly tired. Unfortunately I didn't get any sleep in the evening because Yue forced me to go shopping with her and to the cinema and then to the bistro and even before I got home I had just enough time to lie down for two hours.

Yue kept telling me all evening that I didn't even want to look at the room offered by Wang Yibo. Again and again I told her that he himself had told me that it was more expensive than my current rent. Why should I rent a single room where I have to pay more, anyway? I can't afford anything already, so how will it be if I have to pay more rent?

But whether I try to explain it to her or not, it doesn't matter. Someone like her, who comes from a rich family, won't understand it anyway. And when I consider that she earns four times more in a photo shoot than I do in a whole month, then I don't need to come to her with the subject of money. Sometimes I really wish that she would have to live like me for a few months, maybe she would understand me then.

My parents and also my big sister have always offered to support me, but I always refused. Because it was my choice to study art and it was my choice to stay in Beijing instead of moving home to my parents. I could work at their B&B, but I don't want that. And my sister and her husband have just had their second baby, the family of four now needs their money for themselves. Especially since my sister is now at home and does not earn anything.

My brother-in-law, works as a presenter in a radio station and earns just enough to support his family. They got along very well with the money my sister used to earn as a bank employee, but now this income is missing and it is not easy for them to manage.

I have supplied Bob the Builder with fresh batteries and hope that it will last the night. It was the last pack of batteries in the shop and I didn't have time to go to another shop. If I manage to put some money aside for another seven months, I can buy the flashlight I wanted. It has a rechargeable battery and a spare battery, then at least I don't have to spend money on batteries anymore.

By the way, I left my new stuff at home from my stranger creepy friend and took my old stuff. Although the gloves have a few holes and the scarf and the hat don't keep me as warm as the expensive ones from the stranger, it is safer for me to wear the old stuff.

And speaking of the stranger, I think he is following me again. I have that feeling of being watched and followed again. I hope he's not one of those sick stalkers who follows me everywhere I go.

Shortly before I reach the long unlit road, my strange and creepy new friend dares to come out and show himself to me. So his eyes, the rest is hidden under his clothes and his mask again.

"Where are the things I have given you?" Does he want to know, after he looks at me.

"Good morning first. And I left your things at home. I can't walk around my neighborhood with them." I reply.

"Sorry, good morning to you too. Why not? Are they embarrassing to you?" He asks me.

"No, they don't embarrass me. It's just too dangerous. Because there are people who would stab me just to get these things." I explain to him.

"Oh, okay. Can I come with you again?" He asks me.

"Well, as long as you don't expect me to share the little money I earn, you're welcome to walk beside me." I do, and I mean it completely seriously.

"I don't want your money." He explains to me and maybe he even smiled while doing so, but thanks to the mask I'm not sure.

We arrive at the street and I take out my flashlight, which makes my stranger's creepy friend laugh.

"Ha-ha-ha what's that?" He asked.

"This is Bob the Builder, and he's gonna light my way, well, about three feet away." I say so and proudly show him my child flashlight.

He stranger, who still won't tell me his name, wants to know why I didn't get a proper flashlight. So I explained to him how I came to Bob the Builder and he shook his head. "Your girlfriend doesn't seem very nice." He finds out and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know her in any other way. She's just another one of those spoiled rich kids who has nothing to worry about." I reply.

"So you think rich kids don't have troubles?" He asked me.

"No financial, anyway. That's what I mean." I'll make him understand.

And because he doesn't want to tell me his name and I don't want to address him with strangers, I call him Bob. He asked me if I couldn't think of a better name, but I said no.

Bob, wanted to know how my day was and I told him about the children's visit to the museum. "The kids were really sweet. It was really funny." I explained to him.

"And was there anything else?" Bob wants to know.

"Sure, my girlfriend caused a scream concert of several women. That was embarrassing." I say.

"How come? What happened?" Ask me Bob.

"Oh, that Wang Yibo was one of the volunteers who accompanied a class And when she saw him, she freaked out." I tell him.

"Don't you like that Wang Yibo?" Bob had asked me.

"No, I don't like him. But not that you think I'm jealous because of my girlfriend, she can adore him however she wants." I make it clear.

"Why don't you like him? I read he's very nice." Explained Bob.

"So I have heard. But he was anything but nice to me when I first met him. I had told you about my experience in finding a room. And imagine, first he tells me the rent for the room is higher than the rent for my apartment. And then suddenly he offers me the room? I don't need to understand." I told Bob.

"Maybe he had a bad day and thought you were just one of those people trying to find out how he lives?" Bob said that to me.

"Hardly, I didn't know him at all before. Only my girlfriend told me who he was. But I don't give a damn. Before I dare to go near his apartment again, I'd better move to my parents in the countryside and help them with their B&B. Or I move to the US to live with my sister and look after her children so she can go back to work." That' s what I say, and mine too.

We reached the sixth entrance in the Dark Long Street when Bob the Builder gave up the ghost again. And my new friend Bob had to light the way for us with his super modern phone.

"Before I say goodbye, let me give you a little advice. Maybe you should give Wang Yibo a chance to explain himself if you ever meet him again. Maybe he wants to apologize too." Said my new friend Bob before he reached out his hand to say goodbye.