45.

45. POV Yibo

It has been three days since I wrote to Zhan and still I have not received a reply from him. He probably doesn't want to answer me either. Of course I can understand it if he is angry, disappointed and maybe doesn't want to come back to me. But that doesn't make it hurt any less.

But I have also brought it on myself, I am absolutely aware of that and there is nothing I can do about it now in retrospect. The past has happened and one cannot travel back to change anything.

My moving is behind me, everything is unpacked and put away and I was just about to make my way to the supermarket when my brother came by. He told me he urgently needed to talk to me.

"Just listen to me now, then you can figure it out on your own. Unfortunately I don't have much time because Meng Yao's sister is in labor. That means your big brother will be a father soon."

"Yes, I know. Congratulations. What did you want me to say?"

"I went to Hongkong to talk to Zhan. I told him your reasons for working so much back then. Yeah, I know you wanted to tell it to him in person, but I wanted to make sure he really knew. So I told him. And this much I can tell you, Zhan still loves you and has thought a lot about you and him."

"Really?"

"Yes. But he has many considerations. He fears that your celebrity will prevent you from ever being a couple that is able to go to the cinema, have dinner or just go for a walk. He is also worried that someone might find out that you are gay and that your career, for which you have worked so hard, will be over. He wants to have a normal relationship and not have to masquerade when he goes out with you."

"He said that?"

"Yes, he said. These are his understandable fears. To be more precise, he said literally, "Everything he has done in the past three years is good and great for him. But it prevents him from ever being able to have a relationship. And if anyone finds out that he is gay, it means the end of his career. I will not be responsible for this! He worked too hard for it." And I think he really put a lot of thought into this."

"But in the end, I only did it because I was seeking his attention. At least, if I'm completely honest. I wanted him to see me, miss me, maybe get in touch with me. I know it sounds childish and stupid, but that's what I thought at that time."

"Unfortunately he had to leave because his neighbor's daughter was ill. The little one immediately wanted to hug Zhan when she saw him. Before that she cried like crazy, but as soon as she was in Uncle Zhan's arms, she was silent. It seems he was a resting place for the little one."

"I've already met the neighbor. She's very nice and a little off."

"I'm sorry I can't tell you if it helped talking to Zhan, but he listened to me and shared his thoughts with me as well. Make it work. I have to go."

My brother said goodbye again. His sister-in-law is in labor with his child. In order to fulfill the wish of both her brother and her brother-in-law to have a child, she made herself available as a surrogate mother. The three of them flew to the USA for this and then used my brother's sperm.

Now it's time for me to think about my future. I want Zhan back in my life and live the life he wants with me. There's nothing I can do about my popularity right now. But I can make sure that it will become less and finally almost forgotten.

Back then I wanted to model because I liked it. I made good money with it. But a career in show business was never my goal and was more of my own to make Zhan notice me too.

But my biggest wish at that time was to work in the company of my parents. And I can still imagine that today. But I have another idea, but for that I need Zhan. Without him, I don't want to do that.

But first I have to get him to believe that I am serious. To listen to me and give me a second chance. But I can'! do it on my own. I'm gonna need the help of my friends and one person in particular.

She, the only one who can get through to Zhan. Who can get him to talk to me, at least listen to me.

Who am I talking about? Certainly not Yue, his ex-girlfriend. I'm talking about the most important person in Zhan's life. His sister!

But before I turn to her, I have to deal with the biggest problem right now!

I will prove to Zhan what is more important to me!

"Hello Doma? This is Wang Yibo!

"What's up Yibo? Do you need anything?"

"Can we hold a press conference? As soon as possible?"

"What? What for? Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm ending my career."

"Are you crazy? Why is that? You're on top, a top star."

"I know. But it's not important to me."

"Then what is important to you?"

"You'll find out like everyone else at the press conference. So could you please organize one for me?"

And with that the first stone is set in motion. Time to call Zhan's sister and our friends. Let's bring out the big artillery! Hold on Zhan, I'm coming for you!!!

I won't let Zhan go again. This time I must give everything to prove to him that I'm serious. I want him to understand that he is the most important to me. Him and nothing and nobody else.

I talked on the phone with Zhan's sister for over an hour and first I had to explain to her for minutes why she couldn't get to know me before, why I gave my work priority and what I wanted to achieve with it and how I feel about Zhan then and now. So actually it had been an interrogation. But in the end she agreed with me after she had all the information she needed. She will help me.

I also called our mutual friends and by a coincidence Meng Yao also knows Zhan's best friend, this Jiang Cheng. And even Hae Jin wants to help. Now the question is, what exactly are we going to do? 

So Yibo wants to convince Zhan that he is serious about him

So Yibo wants to convince Zhan that he is serious about him. He wants to show him how important he is to him. And with the help of Zhan's sister and their mutual friends, he wants to make Zhan, that he gives Yibo and himself another chance.

What does Yibo have to do? How can his friends help him?