29.

From here we also start with the POV of Yibo. To get a little more insight into his thoughts and feelings.

In the next chapters, a bit of drama awaits us. So you are forewarned.

29. POV Yibo

After six weeks of permanent absence from home, I finally return to Beijing and have less than three hours before I have to start again. And all because of my manager taking on a new assignment.

And that means two more weeks of absence from home and my boyfriend. Unfortunately I only manage to drive home, take a quick shower, pack a few things and then I have to leave right away.

I would have liked to see Zhan. I've been neglecting him lately. Our relationship is very important to me and he doesn't even know it because I just never come to tell it to him.

As soon as I am done with one thing, my manager takes me to the next. And he's always by my side, so I can't even manage to call or write to Zhan in between.

Often I'm just too tired in the evening or the time difference gets in the way.

When I arrived at home, I found a letter from Zhan in my bedroom. But unfortunately I don't have time to read it yet. Still I wonder what he has written to me. Why does he choose such an old-fashioned way to communicate with me?

I quickly packed a few things in my suitcase and because I'm afraid of losing the letter I'd rather leave it at home and read it when I get back. But in order not to let Seungyoun read it in his curiosity, I will hide it.

Preferably in one of the boxes on my wardrobe.

After I hid the letter well, I ran into the bathroom, had a quick shower, dried myself and got dressed. I was about to put on my shoes when Seungyoun came to me and spoke to me. Damn it, I don't have time for this. My manager will be here in 15 minutes.

"Aren't you afraid your relationship will break down?" Seungyoun asked me.

"What? Why are you asking me that now?"

"Because I feel sorry for Zhan. How long has it been since you two saw each other? Five or six weeks?"

"Zhan understands that this is my job and there's no other way."

"Hello? Six weeks? Are you sure he's staying with this for long?"

"What's gotten into you? Do you think just because you have a boyfriend now, that makes you to an expert?"

"I'm not saying that. But I think you take Zhan's love for granted."

"Don't give me that crap. I'm not. And I know myself that I have to pay more attention to him."

"Then you should do that too."

"Yeah, all right. I have to go."

Why does he think he can tell me anything about Zhan or my relationship? He's supposed to take care of his boyfriend, nothing else is any of his business.

Sure, that might sound harsh. But I don't feel like discussing it with him right now. I'm tired, I'm drained, I'm under a lot of pressure. I can't afford to weaken now.

I just don't have time for this. But I'll try and call Zhan tonight, tomorrow night at the latest, and talk to him. I have to let him know I'll be gone longer than planned.

But my manager has promised me that when this job is done, I will have a few days off first. And then I will spend them with Zhan. And I'm looking forward to that.

I love Zhan very much and I miss him. I was so happy that we finally got together. But unfortunately things didn't work out at all. And then I had to leave again. When I came back, we had been fighting for two days. And as soon as we got along, I had to leave again.

I haven't seen Zhan since then and I've hardly had a chance to contact him.

Of course I worry about my relationship. But I can't let it get too close to me now. I can't make any mistakes. Because then you're quickly out of the business.

I hope Zhan won't hold it against me and wait a little longer. It's only two more weeks and then I'll finally have time for him. And I'll be able to spend that time with him alone.

Besides, I'm still hoping that he will think about the free room and move in with Seungyoun and me. That would make things easier.

By the way, modelling had never been my dream. I always wanted to join my parents' business. That's why I studied business administration. I wanted to work with my parents in their business.

But then, just before finishing the university, an agent from a modeling agency approached me. He asked me if I might be interested in working as a male model.

At first I laughed and said no, but then Seungyoun and I thought we would give it a try. And we did some test shots. These were shown to some clients who were immediately enthusiastic.

I was booked again and again and got paid better and better and from a eventually, let's see, turned into a job that I love and earn a lot of money with it. Of course you have to make some sacrifices, but that is normal in this business.

The longer I was there and the more jobs I took, the more famous I became and the more I earned.

More and more I came to love this job and put it above everything. Zhan had been unreachable for me at that time and through the work I could forget him.

Until suddenly he stood in front of me and all my feelings, which I had so laboriously repressed, came out again and wanted nothing more than to be with him. At last I had the courage to finally approach him.

And because I had no idea how to do that, or rather, I was very clumsy about it, I became Bob for Zhan. He hated me Wang Yibo, but he liked Bob.

So I remained Bob for him. Because that was my only chance to be close to Zhan. Again and again I decided to tell him who I really was. But every time the courage to tell him who I really was left me.

Because I was afraid that he would break off the contact and not want to see me anymore. So at night I was Bob for him and during the day I tried to get closer to him as Wang Yibo. But somehow everything went haywire.

Again and again I gave him hidden little clues to make him understand who I really am. But he just did not understand. Until it became to obvious..

When we finally became a couple, I was just happy and could have hugged the whole world. I had waited six years for that moment. Six long agonizing years of loving a man who didn't even know I existed.

And then, when we were supposed to be happy, everything went up and down. And now we haven't seen each other for six weeks. Of course I'm not doing well. Of course I miss him like crazy and just want to see him, but there's no other way.

Because besides Zhan, I love my job, too. My job is important to me. It's what I do for a living, but it's not all that. I love my job very much and can't imagine doing anything else. So I can't put my relationship and love for Zhan above my work.

 So I can't put my relationship and love for Zhan above my work