46.

46. POV Zhan

I spent hours in the hospital with my neighbor. She was very excited and trembled all the time. She was glad that I was there and that she had someone who supported her a little bit and stood by her.

However, I had to interrupt the conversation with Hai Kuan abruptly. This is not usually my way, but fortunately he understood it.

When I was at work, once again overtired, Jiang Cheng called me into the staff lounge around noon. He had turned on the television and there was constant talk that Wang Yibo was planning to hold a press conference the following day. Right at noon.

Now media and fans are speculating about what he might have to say. Just like me. Is he planning to take the lead role in a movie or a series again. Some new show? Is he releasing a new song?

Jiang Cheng and I discuss what it could be and suddenly he looks at me with big eyes. "Since when do you care about Wang Yibo?" Does he want to know from me and I raise my eyebrows and try to think hard.

"Ever since I've known him." I answer because it is the only answer I can think of and it is also the truth.

"Well, do you still like him?"

" What's the matter with that question?"

"Zhan Ge please answer"

"Oh, boy. Yes, yes, I still like him."

"Have you forgiven him?"

"Huh? Where did you get that question from?"

"Well, I think you've forgiven him. But you're just too stubborn and bullheaded to admit it."

"Wait a minute. What?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm going back to work."

And he ran like hell. I don't think I've ever seen him run so fast. Unless his wife comes over and brings him something tasty to eat. But otherwise? Probably not. He rather keeps up the morale. If I don't come today, I'll come tomorrow. I'll definitely be there the day after tomorrow.

Have I forgiven Yibo? The honest answer is yes. Do I still love him? Absolutely, yes. Am I too stubborn to admit I want him back? Definitely. But more likely because I don't know how to approach him after everything.

And then there's always the fear that things will go wrong again anyway. Then his fans. Reporters. Everything must be kept secret. There's a lot of pressure that wouldn't just be on him. And I'm someone who likes to move freely with his partner!

***

24 hours later...

It's our lunch hour, and we're not going to lunch this time. Instead we sit in the lounge with delivered food and want to watch the press conference together.

My heart is racing like crazy and I don't even know what Yibo will say. Just the thought of seeing and hearing him live on TV makes me nervous. I am apparently still hopelessly in love with him.

The press conference starts and Yibo takes a seat next to the boss of his agency. A guy I don't know talks and talks and the reporters are getting impatient. You can hear them talking quietly.

" Now let's give the word to Wang Yibo." Says the guy, then leaves.

"Thank you very much. Fortunately, I don't need an introduction. I guess you all know me anyway. First of all, I will not answer any questions, so please listen carefully. I hope the people behind the screens are listening too."

Who is he talking about? His fans? His friends? His family? But why do I get the feeling that he's talking about me? The best thing is to prepare myself for all sorts of things.