43.

43. POV Yibo

Now there's only one photo shoot left. The one at the golf club. And then I have to go back home, back to Beijing. Hongkong is beautiful, but unfortunately there is nothing here to hold me.

After Zhan wrote me that he has a boyfriend and that he has his heart, I went to the hotel bar and drank until I passed out at some point. I should have known that Zhan wasn't waiting for me.

But why was I secretly getting my hopes up anyway? I guess he's with that Park Hae Jin guy. About him, I found out that he has been at Zhan's side for almost a year, helping Zhan to exhibit his paintings.

Maybe the two of them became close during that time.

Yesterday I talked to Seungyoun on the phone all evening and he advised me to meet Zhan again and say goodbye to him. And I decided that I will do that.

I will visit Zhan after the shooting at the golf club and say goodbye to him. This time for final goodbye. It will probably break my heart again, so slowly I should be used to it.

How I would love to be able to hold Zhan in my arms and tell him that I love him more than anything and would do anything to make him come back to me. No matter what he would ask of me, I would do it if he would only come back to me.

***

On the golf course

The shooting's over, but I can't go home yet. My manager has some things to take care of. And since he has the car keys, I have to wait. So I've been walking around here for an hour.

I came to a lake and sat on a bench and remembered one of Zhan's paintings. He must have been sitting here when he drew it. It looks just like his painting. Beautiful.

"Hi, can I sit?" Somebody ask me.

I turn around to the person and look at HIM with eyes wide open. It is him, the new boyfriend of my Zhan.

"Mn."

"I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Park Hae Jin."

"Yes, I know. And you are the man who owns Zhan's heart, his new boyfriend."

"Uh, well, honestly, my wife wouldn't appreciate that. And neither would my kid. But let's just say I'd love Zhan, then I wouldn't have a chance by him."

"And why not?"

"He lost his heart to someone else."

"Oh, yeah? Who's the lucky guy?"

"This is you. You always have been, and always will be, Wang Yibo."

"Can't be, he wrote me he has a boyfriend and his heart belongs to him."

"He wrote this because he had a reason for doing so and did not know how else to help himself. Not at the moment when he was so angry."

"Why was he angry?"

And Hae Jin tells me what my manager said to Zhan and demanded of him. I sit there with tears in my eyes and clenched fists. How dare that asshole call my Zhan and tell him shit like that?

That bastard is gonna get to know me. Contract renewal? No way! I'm gonna fire that fucking piece of shit!!

"And then there's something else I want to ask you."

"And what?"

"Why do you think Zhan left you back then?"

"I don't know. Maybe because of my job, because I didn't have time for him?"