34.

We are now slowly approaching the time when Zhan and Yibo will meet again. But reunions don't always mean that everything will be all right. Yes, this book will have a happy ending. But we are still a long way from that. Hold on, my dears!

34. POV Zhan

Two years ago I turned my back on Beijing, moved to Hongkong for a new job and left my old life behind. Sometimes I miss Beijing, but that's rarely the case anymore.

Here in Hongkong I have built a new life for myself. I started a new career in a good position at the museum. Got more money. I could finally afford to live and not just survive.

I made a lot of new friends. And we often do things together. Especially Jiang Cheng, he is not only one of my colleagues but also my best friend.

He is one of the few who know everything about me and my past. My past is no secret, but I have put it behind me. Furthermore, I don't want to have to explain to anyone why I suddenly stopped being into women after just one kiss.

After one kiss, there was only one man for me. I still think about Yibo. There's no getting past him anyway. There's a movie starring him in the cinema. On Netflix, there is a series starring him.

He has a part as a presenter on a TV show. He's in awards ceremonies. In almost every new magazine there is at least one picture and one article about him. In the newspaper they write about his interviews.

In fashion magazines there are often more than ten pages that show him. On the radio they play songs he has sung. Suddenly he is no longer just a model, but an actor, singer and idol. He rides motorbike races, skateboard and is never tired of always learning something new.

Good for him. Apparently he has arrived in his world and finally found something that fulfils him completely. Of course there are also many rumors about him. Here a girlfriend, there a fiancée, changeable relationships with some women. Well, you know how it is.

And if you surf the internet a little bit, the social media is also full of him and his fans. So you can't help but think about him. But now it makes me feel less than I did a year ago.

When he suddenly appeared in the entertainment industry and you had to go through your life with your eyes already closed not to see him. There were posters everywhere, clips running across the big screens. Radio and television reported on him as the new star in the entertainment industry.

But at the same time my life had also changed. I started to become more self-confident thanks to Jiang Cheng, thanks to my new job, thanks to the support of my boss and the archaeologists. More and more I started to love myself for the person I am.

Gu Jiacheng also made a big contribution to this. He dragged me out into the world and made me realize that if I don't start to respect myself, love myself and become more self-confident. Then I will never be able to truly love anyone.

Because I will always have doubts, always need reassurance and I would be an easy victim for those people who want to hurt me.

So I started to work on myself. And I also finally started to work seriously on my wishes and aims. So I started drawing again. And for that I found a place which is perfect for me.

The director once invited me to the golf course. He was there to meet with sponsors. He told me that he has a membership in the golf club because it often happens that he meets sponsors of the museum there.

He also called me to register at the golf club, because he told me that I too will soon be able to take on this task. It is also part of my job to meet with sponsors and make sure that they continue to support our museum.

So I became a member of the golf club without knowing anything about golf. I learned it, but I am really bad at it. Well, the sponsors are happy because they always win. I've noticed that they much prefer to donate money then.

But to take advantage of my golf club membership at least a little bit, I still go there often. Because by chance I discovered that there is an area there that only few people visit.

It is a place where golfers can relax. Take a break before they continue playing. It is a beautiful lake, but no one really pays attention to it.

There I can unfold myself freely and let my soul dangle. And it is exactly there that I find my inspiration for painting.

Sometimes when a few members of the golf club walk by and see me there, they look at my paintings and admire them. I just wish someone would buy them. Or at least exhibit them.

Lately, however, I have noticed that there is a man there who watches me often and for a long time. I also saw him taking pictures of me while I was painting. I just wonder what that means.

That is somehow strange. He never talks to me, just watches me, takes his pictures and disappears again. Maybe I should just talk to him. I mean, I have rights, too. I can't just let him take pictures of me without my permission.

And if he does, at least I want to know what for! There must be a reason for that. He's not just gonna take pictures and hang them on the wall. Or will he? That's a horrible thought.

Imagine someone taking pictures of you and sticking them on the wall. And he sits in front of them and stares at them and thinks God knows what. I really don't need that. Even though he looks like a serious guy. But you can't judge a person by looks alone.

Just recently I read that a woman lived with her husband, a good-looking man, for years and they were always happy. Until she found out that her husband had a very special hobby. Namely strangling women.

None of the couple's neighbors ever thought the husband would do such a thing. He was always friendly, obliging and always helpful. The couple even had a son together who adored his father.

Let's hope the stranger isn't one of them. I want to grow old and grey. And later, when I'm all grey and wrinkled, I might want to have a little house, sit in a rocking chair in front of it and watch the hustle and bustle of the younger generation.

Maybe I can ask other members who the man is. If I do not have the courage to ask him myself. But either way, in the next ten days, I won't have time to go to the lake anyway, because I have to go to Egypt again and will have a lot to do in the museum afterwards.

(Yes we are slowly approaching the time when Zhan and Yibo will meet. I promise!) :D

 I promise!) :D