Must Be Nice

CHAPTER 12

It was evening, Jimin was out in the parking lot waiting for Taehyung to pick him up which has sort of become like a routine.

Jimin was scrolling through his Instagram liking posts here and there, he was leaning on the wall when a person approached him.
It was Dae, the only guy Jimin knows that Taehyung hates.

Now taehyung doesn't really care about anyone to be honest but he never disliked anyone, he just didn't care enough to even hate them, except Dae.

He had also asked Jimin to keep his distance from Dae which he didn't fully agree to but didn't even get the chance to act on because of busy he was, but today the other was here.

"Well hello there"

Dae said in a teasing voice and maybe it was because Jimin is spending so much time with Taehyung or that he is meeting Dae after so long that he didn't like his vibe today.

However, he shook the feeling and replied in his jolly, friendly way like he does.
He just asked him about his leg and stuff and after a while of small talk Dae spoke again,

"So I heard things about you and Taehyung but turns out they really were rumors.

Huh?"

Dae said in a cocky way, it wasn't even teasing it was as if someone's trying to get their frustration out but trying really hard to not show it, of course it wasn't working.

"Ya.. Umm... Ya They were"

Jimin said not really sure why he wasn't liking Dae asking him such questions. He's never felt so uneasy around him.

"Well what a dick. How can he say such stuff about you"

Dae said in a taunting way. And as much Jimin was bothered about Taehyung and the rumors, the younger had already taken care of those and had apologized a million time after that.
That day was also one of the most precious memories he has with the younger, because that was the day he confessed his feelings for Jimin.

So, Jimin was angered at Dae for calling him a dick but he thought that's just Dae being a protective friend because he doesn't like Taehyung and vice versa.
But he still felt the need to defend Taehyung.

"No.
A guy was sort of stalking me and I was with Taehyung at the time.

So he just protected me, but the rumor sort of just spread. "

Jimin said and thought that was the most stupidest thing he's ever said but weirdly enough Dae seem to believe and nod at it.

Jimin was also dreading the fact that Taehyung hasn't come out of his class and he didn't want this conversation going any longer.

"You should've told me. I could've protected you!"

"Don't worry I can protect myself. It was just a favor!"

Jimin said slightly annoyed but trying hard not to sound like so. Dae was being ridiculously weird and his whole aura was giving Jimin negative feels.

"You're not getting what I'm saying Jimin.
I want to protect you because I like you"

"Huh?"

Jimin blurted out in confusion.

"I know.. How, when, why.. But I just really do..

Would you go out with me?"