Chapter 1: Refuges and Decisions.

I fell asleep after our boat got clear of the area of wall Maria, I dreamt about that event over and over while remembering what my dad said "find the book!" keep echoing through my head until a heard a voice that woke me up "all refuges please follow us" some garrison soldiers said. I was still waking up then, noticed someone sleeping next to me, it was Mikasa. I was surprised that she was sleeping next to me. I had to wake her up. "hey, Mikasa, wake up" I said softly as she slowly opened her eyes. " come on let's go find Eren and Armin." I said in an unusual tone.

Mikasa POV:

F/n looked lonely as he fell asleep by himself. I then noticed he was crying in his sleep. Eren was too angry to notice and Armin was too confused to understand what happened. F/n looked so sad, it's as if he had lost everything. "maybe he could use some company" I thought to myself. I walked over to him and sat next to him then put my head on his shoulder and dozed off thinking of how I lost my family again. I woke up seeing f/n in a sad mood as we got off the boat with Eren, Armin and the rest of the refuges.

a couple of days later

F/n POV:

we got settled in after a while, I told everyone why I was feeling down and explained what had happened to my parents. They were shocked to hear what happened. "I couldn't do anything..." I said bursting in tears. Eren put his hand on my shoulder and told me he lost his mother as well; it was not easy for him to say it. My friends then comforted me.

Later afternoon

Armin came up to me and gave me, Eren and Mikasa some food rations that the soldiers were handing out. "hey guys, my grandfather mange to grab us food rations" he says being polite. He hands a piece of bread to each of us, I didn't feel like eating after what had happened in the last couple of days. " whats wrong, not hungry f/n?" Eren asked, I shook my head and replied, "I'm sorry guys..., I...I just don't feel like eating right now." I gave the bread back and decided to take a walk but before I could, I felt my hand grabbed so I turned my head and it was Mikasa.

Mikasa POV:

I couldn't stand seeing f/n just walk off without eating anything, so I went to grab his hand to get his attention, he turns around and looks at me. " You can't just go anywhere without eating anything f/n, you need to keep up your strength." I grab some bread and put it in his hand, but he still wouldn't eat. so, I forced him to eat it in order to survive, Eren and Armin were surprised.

F/n POV:

I looked at the bread in my hand and just stood there then, Mikasa forced me to eat it just like she did with Eren. I then came to a realization, I needed to live, and I needed to eat in order to live. And relying others would help me survive.

few months later

After months me and many other refugees were put to work in the fields trying to raise food as a last-ditch effort. but our efforts to raise food turned out to be a waste of time as the cold winter months had made it hard to cultivate anything. The following next year, 846, the remaining refugees that were old enough to serve in the military were given the task to retake wall Maria. Of those 250,000 people, not even 200 people made it back alive. As far as I can tell it did nothing to push back the titans, it only increased chances for people inside the walls.

I could see Armin holding his grandfather's hat and crying. we as kids could do nothing but watch. then Eren spoke up "guys, next year I'll be applying to join the cadets. To become strong enough to fight back" we were shocked at first. " I'll join too "Armin said. " you don't have..." "I do" Eren then looked surprised. "So, do I" Mikasa said." Me too" I then said with confidence. "...all right it's decided, well go together." Eren said.

A year later

It's been a year and I joined the cadets, I looked around and saw many people who also joined as cadets. as we all lined up, a man was in front of us introduced himself " Allow me to introduce myself I'm Commandant Keith Shadis, you will learn to hate me. training is going to be hell for all of you until you have the guts to take out the nightmares in front of you. remember the moment you come face to face with enemy, you need to decide wether you're a fighter or coward!" many of us took those words to heart, especially me. " Oh, I'm ready, My revenge starts here." I thought.

The 104th cadet training had begun