Chapter 40: Genius vs Devil

F/n POV:

The sun started setting. Mikasa had my arm around her shoulder as we approached Hanji and the others with Reiner, tied up. Hanji got something from him, apparently he said it was a message for Historia. Aside from that he refused to cooperate knowing he is in such a risky situation. Hanji then held her blade to his throat ready cut his head off. Jean tried to stop her but she refused to underestimate him. As much as I wanted him dead for killing my parents, I felt like it wasn't worth killing him right now. Hanji then told me and Mikasa to go find Eren and Armin and if it came to it we'd fire off a smoke signal to let her know to kill Reiner.

We both set off to where Eren and Armin were, and we we're in shock by what we saw. Eren and the Captain were trying to talk to Armin or whatever was left of him. It looked as if his entire skin had been burnt off, revealing just muscle. Somehow he was still alive, Mikasa was in tears while I just closed my eyes and looked away. We fired off a flare to let Hanji know to kill Reiner. " Captain, there's not much time, give Armin the syringe!" Eren said in a panic voice. But, Just before the Captain was about to give Eren the syringe, Flock one of the rookies shows up with the Commander tied to his back. "What happened when they went face the Beast Titan!?" I thought to myself. "Captain...I found you...It's the Commander...he's hurt and his insides are torn to shreds. He won't stop bleeding...I thought that Injection might work on him. What do you think?" Flock said in a scared but desperate voice. All of us were shocked, there were two people, but only one of them was going to get the injection. The captain took the box back, It seemed like he was going to give it to Erwin. I felt like I couldn't do anything. Levi checks Erwin's pulse, it was faint but we was still alive. The Captain then looked at me as the acting Vice-Captain. "...You know it has to happen, Erwin gets the shot." He says. As soon as he said that Eren went up to him to stop him. "Eren, check your emotions. Revive the person who can save humanity" the Captain said. Mikasa drew her blades, I could tell she wasn't herself. I put my hand around hers and she looked at me with confusion. "We can't save both of them." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Do you three know what your doing!? Its Erwin, head of the Scouts. And your tell me to watch him die?" Levi said. I didn't say anything but just looked down. All I did was follow orders as a Scout, Im not even sure who the best chose is for the shot. As Eren tried to stop the Captain he knocked him down. Mikasa rushed Levi and decided to force the Syringe out of his hand. Flock tried to stop her, but she gave him a glare to back off. I reached for my blade and stopped her. "Thats enough!" She just looked at me confused but she saw my eyes and that I had no way of deciding what was right or wrong. "You both are being selfish, don't you understand? Erwin maybe a Devil, but maybe thats what we need!" I couldn't stand to hear Flock anymore. I went over and grabbed him by his collar. "F/n!" both Mikasa and Eren said trying to stop me. "And what gives you the right, ugh!? Your just a nobody who decided to join on a stupid decision not knowing what would happen! Do you know how many comrades died before your friends bit the dust? WELL DO YOU!?" I said so angry I scared Flock and he didn't say anything. Then I felt a tug on my jacket. "F/n....that's enough." Mikasa said to me. As turned I could see she made her decision. Hanji and the others showed up as well to this debate. "Everyone get clear! I don't want Erwin to eat anyone but Bertholdt. They all zipped away, and I followed them. Soon after we saw Lightning flash. As soon as the Titan appeared it looked like Armin. I realized then the Captain choose Armin. The Titan grabbed Bertholdt and was going to devour him. I could hear him screaming for our help. All I did was look away as the Titan's jaws crushed him. Maybe the Captain had a reason for doing what he did by deciding on Armin and letting the Commander die. Regardless, We had a new power in the shape of the Colassal Titan, and Armin was chosen.

To be Continued...