Chapter 30: Thank you

F/n POV:

The three of us just watched. Eren and I both fell to our knees, I had tears running down my face. Before Eren could say anything I started crying, screaming and hiting the ground. Mikasa looked so sorry for me and Eren felt just as bad as me. "I can't do anything! sniff... Theres nothing I can do to help anyone! Im sorry mom, dad...I can't do anything to help anyone." I said as I just felt like giving up. Then, "F/n... Stop that isn't true." Mikasa says to me with small smile and tears. I then look back seeing my comrades fighting back the other titans. "Hey" she gets my attention again." I just want to say...thank you. Iv'e been meaning to tell you that.... for fighting.... for pushing through... for showing me how to live for a purpose....for you. My scarf... for wrapping it around me, thank you." She says getting closer and closer, having our hands intertwine. She must have thought this was our last moment alive together. I was just speechless, afraid. "Mikasa...He will always wrap your scarf for you. He and I made a promise." Eren said standing up getting our attentions. I then snapped feeling a surge of energy run through me. I stand up surprising Mikasa. "Mikasa... I will always love and protect you...thats a promise." I said looking at her. No weapons, no gear, I didn't care at this moment. "This time I will protect you!" I thought. Eren and I both screamed and punched the Smiling Titan's hand as it reached for us. 

Then From out of nowhere Titans came rushing at the Smiling Titan. "Come on!" I said as I picked up Mikasa and the three of us made a run for it. "What's happening?" she says. I looked back and the Titans were eating it. Then, Reiner came running at us. "Ugh, don't know when to quiet do you!?" I said looking ready. "Get away from us you rotten bastards will kill you where you stand." Eren said. As soon as he did, the Titans began to go after Reiner. "This is our chance, SOILDERS REATREAT!!!!" the Commander had said. Armin came by me with some horses. I took Mikasa with me. "Hold on tight." I said to her as we retreated back home. Reiner nor anyother Titans chased us on the way back, but why did the titans decide to attack Reiner and when I punched that other one.

Few hours later/Sundown, Wall Rose: 

We arrived back but not okay. people were injured and exhausted. I picked Mikasa off the horse and set her down. A doctor came to check her. "Thats it set her down gently." She said. "How is she?" I asked. "Her ribs aren't broken but they do feel like they were brused from being grabbed. She needs total bed rest, will take her back with us." she says. "Ill come with her." As I said that, we headed to a hospital. "....F/n...." Mikasa says getting my attention with her eyes slightly opened. "Don't move, rest." I said to her as she slowly closed her eyes. 

Next Day:

Mikasa POV: 

I open my eyes and realize I'm in a bed, the hurting in my chest was gone. I sat up and felt something on my hand. I look down and It's F/n laying his head down like he passed out. "Poor thing, he was all worried for you. He was by you all night, he didn't want to leave you, even though we told him to rest. He must care a lot for you." The doctor said as I looked down at him with a smile. "It's a bit early, let him sleep. you've got good man looking after you." She says making me blush a little. I put my other hand on the top of his head and stroking his hair. "His hair has gotten a bit longer." I thought looking at him. "Ugh...Mikasa?" he said opening his eyes.

F/n POV: 

I open my eyes and see her awake. "Mikasa, are you okay? Do you still hurt?" I asked her getting up immediately. "No I'm okay now." She says smiling at me. "So you were watching over me the whole night?" she asks. "Yeah sorry, I was just so worried for you." I said to her. "Im glad." "hm?" "I glad I matter to you that much." She says to me. She looked so beautiful. Now that we weren't in a life ending moment, Ill tell her.  "Mikasa, I love you, and your the most important thing in my life right now. I can't live without you." I said to her blushing. "F/n... close your eyes." I did what she told me to do and I opened my eyes to her holding and kissing me. " And I love you, F/n. I know we will protect each other from anything, Thank you." She says hugging me and I hug her back and she felt calm. She has changed, she opened up more to me. Is it because of me? I still wonder.

To be Continued...

(With that, Season 2 is finished, Not the best part of the series in my opinion but I tried to make it interesting. On to season 3! Hope you guys enjoyed!)