Chapter 44: Building an Army (Spoilers)

(Spoiler alert if you did not read chapter 106. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled. you have been warned.)

F/n POV:

A little while after we first arrived at the sea, We started planing our next move against Marley, we needed to prepare for War, we needed to step up our gear and equipment. We managed to build small bases for ourselves along beaches while using the place where to kicked off patriots and turn it into a dock for our ships in the future. The last thing we needed we're volunteers.

We managed to intercept a Marline close to our coast. Using his Titan form, Eren grabbed the ship from underwater and carried it on his back. He put down on the beach with all the Marline soldiers still alive. Captain Levi, Commander Hange, and I were there waiting for them, with Eren in titan form behind them. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen of Marley! Welcome to the Island of paradise!! My name is Hange Im here to receive our distinguished guests who've come here from oh-so-far across the sea. You've all had a long voyage why not join us for some tea." She said so happy. Meanwhile we showed them we had a hostage. "If your wondering about this guest that arrived before you. We're already getting along very well, right?" Hange said. Levi and I just pointed our blades to his back. then spoke up out of desperation. "Captain, just shoot these dame devils!!!" He said. "Aww not willing to play along." Hange said to him. "Shut up!" I said to him pointing the blade deeper into his back slowly. Then the Captain of the ship speaks. Listen up you damed devils!! Marley has no interest in hearing from anyone with defiled blood!! What makes you think we'd ever sip piss with tarnished people like you." He said to us. "Aww are you sure? Do you really wanna insult us like that?" Hange said tightening her grip around our hostage. "With our Titan behind you and us infront of you you have no choice, just give up!" I said. The Captain then pointed the gun at our direction. But before he could shoot, one of his own soldiers shoots him. everyone was confused at first. Then the soldier spoke up. "Put down your weapons!" She said to the the other soldier's. "Hange was it? Im honored to receive your invantation. How about that tea?" She said. as she was coming up to us. "F/n, go with the other's and stand by while we discus somethings." Hange said to me. "Understood." I said. I then went to the others, the first to see me was Mikasa, she was worried as ever for me.

Hours later

"What exactly are they after?" I said. That big lady shot her comrades to death..." Connie said. "We'll we can't just trust them Whether they're on our side or not." Jean said. "Your right Jean. We shouldn't trust them. Not yet at least." I said. "Still getting a chance to talk to them will be our chance to gather Information." Armin said. "Yeah... We really got lucky there. It wasn't anything that we did that kept them from landing here. If the Marleyans were serious, they would have come with force. We have to do something." Eren said as we looked at him.

After the talk was over, they finally told us who they were, Anti-Marleyians. They were taken from their homes from Marley. They had nowhere to go, until they met Zeke Yeager, the Beast Titan. He apparently took them in and on his orders, shot there commanding officers. After they told us what happened, we talked with the the officers about this situation. It appearntly was far worse then what I thought of. It's exactly what Eren told me. The Anti-Marleyians wanted one thing. Get Zeke back to Paradise Island and in return they would continue to help us during this war with Marley.

With there help, We mange to intercept a couple of battleships they had and were able to take them and the crew as hostages. The Anti-Marleyians we're very useful in weapons, ammunition, supplies, to building something called a port for our ships, and more. A few months had passed but, we still weren't ready to attack Marley. Eren, Mikasa, Armin and I  were together for a breather. It felt like forever with my duties and with them. "Hey did you here? The port is almost finished. The progress has been fast since those Marleyian Military engineers decided to help." Armin said. "I'm surprised they agreed." Mikasa said. "...Your right Armin. Sure, we were suspicious of each other in the beginning, so it did start off slow. But once time passed, and we started looking at each other as human beings rather then devils." I said getting there attention. Mikasa, Armin and I thought for a sec, then Armin spoke up. "Do you think we could understand one another?" I didn't know what to think. We killed some of them and took them as prisoners. Both sides have to come to an agreement for it to work. Then Eren said something to us. "We don't have time. Zeke's only got three years to left to live. And the world see's us as monsters that can turn into titans. Are they wrong about that?" As he said that I thought for a minute. "We've been able to get along with some Marleyans.-" "How many? The soldiers who came here still glare at us from there prison cells!" Eren said at Mikasa. "Hang on Eren, that doesn't give you the right to snap at Mikasa." I said defending her. "We need more time." Armin said. "Exactly. And to buy us that time, we've got to keep them from messing with us." Eren said.

Later night/my House

I was able to get a breather from my duties. I was able to rest in my parents house. To think what has happened so far through my life as a soldier for humanity. I remember when I was a cadet back four years ago, Now I'm a Captain, Pretty soon Ill lead my own Squadron soon. So many friends....comrades...gone. But I still was not alone, I had my companions here and I had Mikasa with me.

To Be Continued...