Chapter 42: The Attack Titan

F/n: POV

I just sat outside Mikasa's cell as we listened to what Eren said. Armin was writing all down. But apparently, Eren was having memory flashbacks of his father, long before he was a resident of the Walls. It was hard for me to believe but it did not seem like he was lying. As Eren continued talking it was almost if as he was reliving those moments. It was long tale of wanting revenge on the Marlines, who treated Doctor Jeager and people like him as worthless scum, that they were devils. But from the way it sounded coming from Eren, it sounded like he was there. It sounded like Doctor Jeager's people, the Eldiens were trying to stage a revolution against Marley by using the power of there goddess Ymir and the Titan powers. But There was a price for obtaining the Titan power, it was called the curse of Ymir. Apparently once you've obtained the power of the titans, you would only have thirteen years left to live. Armin had thirteen years since he just got one power and Eren had eight years before he died. The news shocked both me and Mikasa. She slipped her hand though her cell and put it on top of my hand for comfort. As Eren continued It seemed as tho It didn't work out so well. As he was about finished Eren mention one thing about a titan his father saw. "It's called the Attack Titan." Eren said.

Hanji and Levi showed up and let Eren and Mikasa out of cells, apparently he was satisfied with their punishment. As soon as Mikasa got out she held me close and looked at my face. I think she could feel I was still upset after what I found at my house. She just hugged me trying to be there for me. I could feel her warmth but I still felt empty inside.

A couple days later we had to report on what we found out about the outside word. Hanji explained the report to Premier Zachery and the other high raking officers. I was right there with everyone else that survived. I took a look at Eren's face and it wasn't the same. It was almost as if he had changed, like someone with a purpose or something.

After the report, a few days later we were given medals for retaking Wall Maria. We were all waiting with other officials. Word about me become Captain seemed to reach just about everyone. Flock was talking more crap toward Armin and everyone. "It should have been the Commander, not you. I'm not the only one who thinks that, we all do." Flock said angrily. I went over and punched him in the face. "F/n!" Everyone said. "Shut up Flock! What happened, happened. Just because you and others feel like it should have been Erwin doesn't mean he's gonna come back." I said looking down on him. Flock just looked away with a bruised face. "Enough you brats, come on the ceremony is about to start." Levi Said. As we then headed to the hall, Historia was their waiting for us. We bowed and she presented green pendents with the Scouts symbol in them as a sign of our victory.

Months later/Winter

Mikasa POV:

We were all having dinner. It was cold during this time of the year. Everyone was here except F/n. He's been acting different, ever since he found his parents journal. I tried to be there for him whenever I saw him just not himself. He hasn't shown up in days and I tried to find him but don't know where he is."Mikasa, you better eat or it will get cold." Armin said getting my attention. "...Yeah, it's just that-" "Our new Captain isn't here." Armin said, figuring me out. "...Yeah, I can't find him anywhere. He's not been himself ever since he found out the truth." I said clenching my fists. "... I see. If I was in his shoes, I'd probably feel the same." Armin said. I just continued to look miserable. "Hmm if it were F/n I would be somewhere where no one would bother me." Jean said. After he said that I got up. "...I know where is." I said as I rushed out with my winter gear to find F/n.

F/n POV:

I was just sitting on top of the Wall as the snow kept coming down. I was just sitting on the edge just looking miserable, holding my parents journal. "Why me?" I thought to myself. Then I heard someones voice. "There you are!" The familiar voice said. I turned my head and saw it was Mikasa. She looked tired but also angry like she was worried about me the whole time. I went back to looking miserable. "...leave me along. I'm not who you think I am." I said. I just felt cold, along and not myself because of what I found out about myself. Then, I felt warm arms around me, embracing me with a hug. I felt tears come down as she held me close. "You are F/n. That's all I care about. It doesn't matter who or where you originally came from. Because I still love you, I want you to stay with me F/n. So you can't die here, I won't let you die, F/n." She said holding me tight. For some reason I always felt she was there for me. I started to cry and she looked at me and wiped away my tears. "Mikasa. ...I'm sorry for worrying you. Your right, I have to continue to live, for you. I love you." I said to her. She just looked so happy and held me close. "And I love you." We then left from atop of the wall and went back inside with everyone. I knew I wasn't alone even if I felt it. I still had her in my life.

(Sometimes if you don't understand something, the only thing that matters is the things about someone.)