Chapter 4: Disagreement, Apology and Tea

F/n POV:

After we got Eren bandaged up and he regained consciousness we headed to the mess hall to join everyone. When we arrived, we first heard them making fun Eren for failing at training this afternoon. We all ignored it and discussed on how we were going to help Eren pass. "Maybe you should ask someone else for help, maybe they have a method you can use to pass." I suggested to Eren. "Yeah, maybe someone can help us out." Armin said trying to reassure him. then Mikasa said something very discouraging. "Perhaps it's time to give up." We all looked at her. "Are you saying I should just give up, don't you remember what happened to my Mom, to F/n's parents getting crushed and Armin's Grandpa?" Eren said angry. " I get it, but it doesn't matter because whether or not your fit to be a solider isn't up to you." Mikasa saying making Eren flinch. "That's enough!" I say in dark tone as the three looked at me. "Mikasa what gives you the right to say to Eren to just give up? Where there's a will there's a way." I said with frustration in my voice. I could see her shift a little by my tone towards her as she never heard me speak that way towards her or the others.

Mikasa POV:

Once F/n said what he said I got scared and looked down. I then thought that maybe what I said was the wrong thing to say. " I didn't mean that.... I was trying to say-" before I could finish f/n then stood up. "I'm turning in for the night guys. Remember to ask, I'm sure someone can help you." He walks out the mess hall. I wanted to go after him, but I knew I said something to make him upset at me.

Later that night/Boy's cabin

F/n POV

Eren asked around for help with the ODM training. I could hear him talking Reiner and Bertholdt. I couldn't get any sleep, so I decided to go the mess hall make some Tea. I went over and asked anyone if they wanted tea but most of the guys were asleep, so I went by myself the kitchen, bringing my sketch pad with me to keep myself occupied.

Girls cabin

Mikasa POV

I could hear the other girl cadets talking about the training today. "Did you see some of the guys out there?" " Yeah especially F/n, he looked so cool." I could hear some others then begin to brag about F/n. Just hearing his name made me feel upset because of what I said to him and Eren. I wish I could take it back. I felt like I needed some air, so I climbed down from bed and decided to go outside. As I left I could still here them talking. " where is Mikasa going? it's not like her to just get up and leave." "Maybe it's because she had a disagreement with F/n a little while ago." " Oh, I heard, he got angry and left early which means it's true. "trouble in paradise, big shot?" another recruit opened the door, it was Annie, another good cadet. from her comment, it seemed as if she was trying to get under my skin. "None of your business." I said with a cold stare. and then continued walking. while walking I saw a light on in the mess hall. "who's awake at this hour?"

F/n POV:

I was in the mess hall with a little lamp and cup of Tea I made and started sketching something. I started sketching a figure, I thought the character should be a girl, I then started drawing the proportions for the figure, then I heard the door open. I looked up and saw that it was Mikasa. "Oh Mikasa, what are you doing here?" " I couldn't sleep, what about you?" she asked me. " Same with me, Eren and Armin were asking for help." I responded back. I offered to make her some tea. " would like some tea?" I asked. "sure." She said awkwardly. I came back with a cup for her. "here." " Thank you." There was a very awkward moment between us because of earlier. I decide to apologize to her. "So about earlier I'm-" before I finished, she spoke up. "I'm sorry for earlier. I just was worried for Eren because I didn't want him to fail." I paused for a moment trying to sink it all in.

Mikasa POV:

I felt nervous and embarrassed, and F/n could see it. I felt something on my hand, it was his hand and it felt warm. "Look I might not understand because you lived together, but I know what it's like to lose something and give up." I looked up at him as continued. " When my parents got killed right in front of me, I wanted to give up on existing. I thought I lost everything, but I realized I still had my sketchpad and I still have you guys with me." I looked at him so sad a tear feels down his face. "When I heard you telling Eren to give up on being a solider, I thought of myse-" I stopped him, holding his face with my hands and looking at him. "You were right, I should have had more faith in you two. when you were crying in your sleep on that boat, I thought I lost you, and I don't want to lose anyone of you." I finished with tears falling down my face.

F/n POV:

I looked at Mikasa as she started crying, I remembered what she was talking about. I grabbed a napkin and wiped away her tears and embraced her with a hug. "it's alright, will make it through this, together." she then put her arms around me for a little bit. We then let go of each other, cleaned up and we went back to cabins. " Well, Goodnight." I said to her with a smile. " She smiled back and said "Goodnight F/n."

Next day

F/n POV

We all were ready to see if Eren would pass or not. For a little bit it seemed he was doing it but fell again. " Not yet, I'm not done" Eren said with determination in his voice. " Wagner, please exchange belts with Yeager." Shadis said. after they exchanged belts. Eren was doing it. Shadis had explained what he found in is gear. " your equipment was defective. even so you did admirable job despite it being broken." "So, I passed?" "Hmm, keep training cadet" Shadis said. Eren was screaming with excitement. Armin , Reiner and Bertholdt then begone commenting back and forth, I then heard Mikasa say " he's saying doesn't have to leave us." I put my hand on her solider and she looked back at me. " I told you to believe in him." she then smiled back. "You too seem to be happy about something, what is it?" Armin asked. "It's... It's nothing." I said nervously. I then thought to myself "Now the real training begins."

(I tried to add a Mikasa x reader moment, but also make it a little awkward as well, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.)