Chapter 11: Retribution

(Wednesday Night NXT)

Alex has stood by Tegan's side as the pain on her knee was slowly healing up following the chaotic and controversial end to the mixed tag team match this past Monday's Raw. The United States Champion applied an ice pack to the Shiniest Wizard's knee.

Shifting gears to the feud between the Brotherhood and the Bliss Republic Order, the black and gold brand advertised three huge matches:

Keith Lee, WALTER and Dominik Dijakovic vs. Randy Orton, Travis Sharp and William Tuazon

Josh Stevens and Elleon Astralis vs. Tyler Bate and Trent Seven

Pierce Johnson and Colby Newfer vs. Kofi Kingston and Big E

Alexa had a proposal that will discuss the future of Alex and the United States Championship.

Alex: wonder what the wife wants with my US Championship

Kevin: whatever it may be, it won't be good

Roman: an ultimatum, I may presume

Rhea: it looks like we're gonna find out

They looked at the screen to see Alexa making her entrance as NXT just went live at Full Sail University. The Goddess and co-leader of the Bliss Republic went on the mic to address the crowd.

Alexa: you should all be grateful of the Goddess' presence

The crowd booed.

Alexa: anyway, the main reason that I'm out here tonight is to address my husband, the United States Champion Alex Auditore

The Goddess smirked.

Alexa: baby, I believe it's time for you to defend that title you worked hard for, so at NXT Takeover: Tampa, Alex you will defend that United States Championship against... your mentor and my right hand man Randy Orton!

The crowd cheered for the match.

Alex Auditore (c) vs. Randy Orton - Singles match for the United States Championship with Alexa Bliss as special guest referee

Alexa: oh and there is a catch; that match will have a special guest referee. The special guest referee is... me!

(Backstage)

Alex had a deep thousand yard stare on his face as his Brotherhood friends were all concerned for him.

Johnny: now that match is really getting personal

Kofi: man, you're fighting your mentor while your wife is the referee

Alex remained silent as he looked at his United States Championship as he must defend against the man he called his second father and the man who trained him to be a WWE Superstar; while the Pharaoh must also deal with his own wife Alexa. This was getting personal for the Brotherhood leader.

Minutes later, it was time for the six man tag team match as Keith, Dominik and WALTER were ready to fight the Republic team led by the Viper along with Travis and the turncoat William.

The match started and the crowd were cheering:

Crowd: oh, bask in his glory! Oh, bask in his glory!

Keith was orchestrating the crowd as he steps up to Randy Orton. The two men locked up in a test of strength. Orton shoved Keith to the ropes, only for the Limitless One to retaliate with a pounce sending the Republic's second in command flying to his corner.

Randy tagged in William while Keith stood and smirked. He then pointed to WALTER and the crowd was cheering loud. Keith happily obliged and tagged in Der Ring General. WALTER and William's rivalry reignited as they locked up.