Chapter 24: Battleground

(A/N: I'll fast forward the matches)

WWE's pay-per-view for this month was the final stop before the Biggest Party of the Summer. The card for Battleground were as follows:

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

The Bliss Republic (Pierce Johnson and Colby Newfer) (c) vs. The Brotherhood (Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic) - Tag team match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship

The Kabuki Republic (Asuka and Kairi Sane) (c) vs. The Brotherhood IIconics (Peyton Royce and Billie Kay) - Tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship

The Brotherhood (Travis Sharp, Josh Stevens and Geiz Marufuji) vs. The Bliss Republic (Blood Shepherd, Elleon Astralis and William Tuazon) - Six man tag team match

Randy Orton (c) (with Alexa Bliss) vs. Johnny Gargano (with Candice LeRae) - Singles match for the United States Championship

Bayley (c) vs. Tegan Nox - Singles match for the Raw Women's Championship

Chase Destiny (c) vs. Kevin Owens - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship

"The One-Winged Angel" Alex Auditore vs. Karrion Kross (with Scarlett) - Singles match

Out of all the members of the Brotherhood none was more nervous than Tegan Nox as she is mentally preparing herself for her Raw Women's title against Bayley. Tegan has kept her title shot alive after lasting 12 rounds of the hellacious gauntlet match.

As for the other matches, the WWE Universe weren't too happy that Charlotte was given yet another title opportunity while for the other title matches, the crowd hope that the members of the Bliss Republic would snap out and go back to the light side. 

As for the main event, it would be a figurative battle of heaven versus hell as Alex goes one on one with Karrion Kross, a match set up by the higher power of the Republic, Bray Wyatt.

The Nightmare's match was up first as she defends her NXT Women's title against the Queen.

Rhea: wish me luck

Kevin: you got this

Io: show her no mercy

Rhea smirked and she left the locker room.

(Rhea vs. Charlotte)

Rhea showed no fear as she shoved Charlotte after the bell rang. The two women Superstars locked up with the black and gold brand's women's title on the line.

(Fast forward)

Charlotte took down the Nightmare with a big boot, and looks to end the match with the Figure 8, but Rhea shoved the Queen out of the way and took her down with a leg sweep. She then locked in her submission hold, the Prism Break; however, Charlotte used her strength to reach for the bottom rope to force a break.

(End of match)

Charlotte countered an attempted Riptide to hit Rhea with a rattling spear. Then the Queen locked in the Figure 8 in the middle of the ring. With the pain overcoming her, Rhea tried to fight it, but eventually succumbed to the pain and tapped out.

Announcer: here is your winner by submission and new NXT Women's Champion, Charlotte Flair!

The crowd booed as the Bliss Republic took a championship away from the Brotherhood. However, Charlotte's celebration was cut short as she was ambushed by the Genius of the Sky. Io put rapid punches to the new NXT Women's Champion. Charlotte managed to escape from Io by rolling out of the ring. The Genius of the Sky is eyeing a title shot against the Queen at SummerSlam.