Chapter 22: Infinity Gauntlet

(SmackDown)

It was Friday Night SmackDown and that meant it was the night that the Shiniest Wizard Tegan Nox competes in a grueling gauntlet match as she goes against all of the Bliss Republic ladies in order to keep her Battleground title match with Bayley alive.

Tegan Nox vs. Carmella, Liv Morgan, Kairi Sane, Asuka, Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, Alexa Bliss, Dakota Kai and Bayley - Gauntlet match; if Tegan wins, her match at Backlash is still on

The Shiniest Wizard warmed up as Rhea, Candice and Io came in.

Rhea: you got a tall task ahead

Tegan: I know

Candice: you can do this

Io: bring another title to the Brotherhood

The Bliss Republic has lost a couple of their championships due to betrayal and implosion; the Raw Tag Team titles were held by Tyler Bate and Trent Seven following the implosion of Josh and Elleon and the Fallen Warrior's turncoat decision to join the Brotherhood; the SmackDown Women's title came after Peyton followed her husband to join Alex's group. The Intercontinental title was taken by Josh after defeating Travis at Backlash and the American Nightmare and Billie turned against the Republic to join their brothers.

With Battleground looming, Tegan hopes to follow what Trent, Tyler, Josh and Peyton did which is cracking the Republic's dominance.

Tegan: I got this girls, just watch me win

Io, Candice and Rhea patted Tegan on the back when Alex came in.

Alex: you're up, Tegan

Tegan: wish me luck

Alex: do you want me to be out there at ringside?

Tegan: no, this is something I have to do on my own

Alex nodded and Tegan left for her tall task ahead.

(Gauntlet match round 1 - Tegan vs. Carmella)

The Shiniest Wizard made her entrance, but without her happy smile, instead it was a serious battle look as she faces 12 women. She did her pose and got ready for battle as her first opponent representing the Republic was Pierce's lover, the Princess of Staten Island Carmella.

The bell rang and Nox got Carmella with a dropkick which is her strategy to finish off Carmella fast to avoid any fatigue and exhaustion. Mella rolled out of the ring, but Tegan didn't waste time to bring her back in the ring.

(End of match 1)

Carmella got Tegan with a superkick fazing her, but Nox bounced back with the Shiniest Wizard for the 1 2 3. 

(Gauntlet match round 2 - Tegan vs. Liv)

Tegan knew she has a long road down as Liv's theme played and out came the Problem Child. Tegan begged for Liv to come and fight, and Colby's lover didn't waste time and unleashed rapid punches on Lady Kane. Liv got Nox with a step up enziguri and immediately covered her, but Tegan kicked out at one. Liv got her down for another pin, but Nox kicked out again at one.

(End of match round 2)

Tegan grounded Liv with a chokeslam and measured her for the Shiniest Wizard to wrap up round 2 of 12 of the gauntlet match. Tegan tapped her surgically repaired knee to check that she is still in fight mode. The Republic's theme played and round 3 was the Pirate Princess Kairi Sane.