Chapter 16: Keep Your Head in the Game

(Two days til Backlash)

It was Friday Night SmackDown, and the card for Backlash was slowly building up. The Bliss Republic and the Brotherhood are on their toes as they ready for battle at the pay-per-view event along with the revelation of the mysterious One-Winged Angel.

The card for Backlash was organized:

Blood Shepherd (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - Singles match for the WWE Championship

Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins and Finn Balor - Tag team match

Travis Sharp (c) vs. Josh Stevens - Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane - Singles match

Randy Orton (c) vs. Pete Dunne - Singles match for the United States Championship

The matches for tonight's show are:

Josh Stevens and Peyton Royce vs. Travis Sharp and Billie Kay - Mixed tag team match

Chase Destiny vs. Keith Lee - Singles match

Alexa Bliss vs. Candice LeRae - Singles match

For the last couple of weeks, a grudge built up between Josh and Travis along with their significant others, Peyton and Billie. Since the betrayal of Josh on his former tag team partner Elleon, the American Nightmare chose to volunteer for his fallen brother. The mixed tag team match will put fuel in the fire.

Josh and Peyton were ready for the fight against their former best friends.

Josh: this match will hurt us

Peyton: I know, but they are blinded by the Fiend's corruption

Josh: let's go honey

Peyton: right behind you babe

The Fallen Warrior and the Venus Flytrap left the locker room for the match.

(Stevens and Royce vs. Sharp and Kay)

After the entrances were made, the two teams stared down at one another while Travis raised his Intercontinental Championship, the title that Josh is vying for. The titles in the Republic's control were the WWE Championship, Universal Championship, Intercontinental Championship, United States Championship, Raw Women's Championship, SmackDown Tag Team Championship and the NXT UK Women's Championship. Josh looks to take away a piece of the Republic and bring it to the Brotherhood.

The bell rang, and the ones to start were the former IIconics. Billie and Peyton stared at each other.

Billie: you should've not betrayed us

Peyton: I only did what was right, and trust me you'll soon understand

Billie: enough talk!

The two women locked up and went in a quick sequence since they know each other for 14 years. Billie ducked Peyton's spinning heel kick and Peyton ducked an attempted forearm shot from Billie.

Billie pushed Peyton, but it provoked the Venus FlyTrap and the SmackDown Women's Champion retaliated with a dropkick, sending Billie to fall back. The Femme Fatale tagged in her man, the American Nightmare. Travis came in and asked for Josh to come fight him.

The Fallen Warrior came in and decked Travis with a right hand. Then the two traded shots as there was bad blood for one another. Josh got Travis with an uppercut followed by kicks in the corner. Josh was fired up and splashed Travis in the corner.

(End of match)

Travis nailed Josh with Sharp Attack while Billie took care of Peyton on the outside. As the Intercontinental Champion went for the cover, Josh managed to kick out much to the shock of the American Nightmare. As he measured his former brother for another Sharp Attack, he was interrupted by a theme.