Chapter 17: The One-Winged Angel Cometh

(Backlash)

It was now the pay-per-view where the fans, the Brotherhood and the Bliss Republic are anticipating the arrival and hopefully the revelation of the mysterious One-Winged Angel. The card for Backlash were as follows:

Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins and Finn Balor - Tag team match

Travis Sharp (c) vs. Josh Stevens - Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane - Singles match

Randy Orton (c) vs. Pete Dunne - Singles match for the United States Championship

Blood Shepherd (c) vs. Drew McIntyre - Singles match for the WWE Championship

The Brotherhood were ready as the opening match was the co-leaders Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns taking on the Bliss Republic's high lieutenants Finn Balor and Seth Rollins in a tag team match.

Roman: keep a look out in case the One-Winged Angel shows up

Kevin: will do, let's go

(Reigns and Owens vs. Balor and Rollins)

With no sign of the One-Winged Angel, the match went underway as the former Shield brothers start off the match. The Big Dog used his strength to push the Messiah to the turnbuckle.

(A few minutes in)

Owens and Balor traded shots until the Demon King turned the tables with a slingblade followed by a double foot stomp to KO's midsection. As Finn launched for a shotgun dropkick, he was stopped in his track by a Superman Punch from Roman before the Big Dog was taken out by a superkick from Rollins. KO got back on his feet and took out Seth with a Stunner.

(End of match)

With KO and the Messiah on the outside, Finn was about to win the fight for the Bliss Republic with a Coup de Grace, but Roman rolled out of the way and nailed Balor with a spear for the win.

The next match was a championship match with a sibling like feud as its foundation as Josh looks to take away the Intercontinental title and hopefully wash out the corruption from Travis. In the ring, the two Superstars made their entrances with their significant others at their corners. The title was raised and the match went underway.

(Josh vs. Travis)

Josh: come on man, snap out of it

Travis: the time for talk is done, let's fight

The Fallen Warrior and the American Nightmare locked up in a high stakes personal match. As the two fought, Josh attempted to reason with his best friend.

Josh: the Fiend is mind controlling you, you can fight it!

Travis: shut up!

The two men traded shot after shot with every connection hurting each other inside. Then they collided as they knocked down after a double clothesline.

(End of match)

As Josh measured Travis for a 25th Hour, the arena lights flickered and out came the Republic's higher power, The Fiend. Josh was begging for the Fiend to get in the ring to fight him. Wyatt got in the ring and held his arms out. As Josh was busy, Travis got up and got the Fallen Warrior in position for the Sharp Attack. He then saw the Fiend, and Wyatt ordered him to finish him.

Travis was hesitant, but ultimately made his choice by letting Josh go and strike the Republic's higher power with a superkick, sending Wyatt to roll out of the ring and disappeared as the lights flickered. The lights came back on, and Josh was on his feet and he caught Travis with a 25th Hour. He pinned the American Nightmare and won the title and the match. Josh was the new Intercontinental Champion.