Two Suns

The lists she had asked for were at her door the next morning along with a complimentary breakfast. Rán clutched her pounding head as she brought the tray in and moved aside the empty bottle. She ate just enough to have some energy, but not to much in fear she would just throw it all back up. She tied her hair back with Hvitserk's scarf and pulled on a black long sleeve with black pants and belt and her boots from the past. She shoved the list in her back pocket along with her phone and wallet and made her way down to the lobby.

She strolled out and as soon as she was outside she put on sunglasses with a groan. She hailed a taxi still unable to handle the sound of the busy city. "Where to?" The driver questioned.

"Man Mo Temple."

The drive was a quick one as she arrived at the temple. She quickly left the taxi tossing the man some cash before making her way inside. There were a few tourists, but luckily it wasn't that busy. She calmly walked down the steps to the incense burning in the center. She took a deep breath as she looked around. If what her mother said was true then the gods of at least one of these temples must be able to help her.

The tourists were completely gone when two men in suits walked in. "You didnt have to beat him senseless, you could've just told him to put it back." He sighed in annoyance.

"He was fucking stealing from an old lady!" He growled, before stopping suddenly and looking directly at Rán. "Woah." He rushed over and gripped Rán by the shoulders looking her over.

"Guan Gong let the poor woman go." The other groaned as he made his way over.

"Wen Chang, shut up. This is the first time I've seen a warrior since ancient time!" He spoke excitedly before Chang grabbed Gong and pulled him off Rán who looked like she was ready to hit him.

"Sorry about that miss."

Rán chuckled "Its fine, I actually fought along side the sons of Ragnar." She responded calmly causing the two men before her to go blank. "Skuld, the norn drowned me twice to send me back in time to do her bidding." She growled. "Now I need to find a way to go back and fix what that bitch broke." She snapped.

"You want one of us to send you back in time?" Chang questioned.

Rán shrugged "Anything you need done, though I'll probably be more useful to Gong." she added causing Gong to shove Chang out of the way.

"What era?!" He said excitedly. "The battles and wars you could fight in!" He nearly yelled with excitement.

"Around the end of the Song Dynasty."

"Fuck!" He howled as he turned away from the woman. "The one time I find someone worthy and skilled enough." He continued to cuss as Rán looked to Chang for an explanation.

"Well its clear your education is failing you." He muttered with a snide remark. "The Song Dynasty had restricted military force, most emperors favored literally talents rather than martial arts." He added with a smug grin. "And you barely even come close to cutting it with me." He added as a matter of fact.

Rán glared at him "Thanks." As she moved to leave.

"Cant you do a couple years under my service? The battles we could win, the skills you could learn." Gong grinned as he tried to bait her.

"They fact that you actually are looking to make a deal is better than what Skuld did to me. When you find another who is worthy, remember that." She grinned and walked out while crossing the temple off her list. "Okay, off to Yau Ma Tei. Lets hope Tin Hua can help." She muttered before starting the walk to the temple of the ocean goddess.

"I see you took my advice."

Rán turned quick to see the same woman from the plane. Standing perfectly fine. "Let me guess, goddess?" She questioned trying to hide her irritation.