Thats a Nice Threat

Rán awoke slowly as Hvitserk's even breathing fanned over her shoulder as she was wrapped tightly in his embrace. She smiled with a shiver as his light breath tickled her skin only to end with a kiss on her shoulder. "You're awake." He whispered as she turned in his embrace to face him. "You are so beautiful." He whispered as he gazed at her face.

Rán chuckled as she caressed his face before giving him a kiss. "I have waited a very long time to be held like this again." She hummed. "A very long time indeed." She continued as her mind drifted for a moment only to be brought back by banging on the door.

"King Ivar requires your presence at the great hall, right now!" A voice shouted.

Rán groaned as she got up loosely wrapped in one of the many blankets she had and opened the door. "Tell Ivar to express a bit of patience for once in his miserable life." She hissed as the guard saw Hvitserk chuckle behind her leaning against the headboard. "Now go!" She snapped and slammed the door to crawl back into bed.

"You do realize you have to go?"

Rán hushed him gently as she pecked his lips. "Doesn't mean I have to rush over, I intend to take my sweet time." She grinned as she leaned in for a heated kiss.

By the time the two arrived the great hall was packed full of people, all questioning what Ivar could have possibly summoned them for. As the two walked through the crowd, Rán led the way through the darkened room, loosely holding onto Hvitserks hand. She rubbed her thumb over his knuckles to ease his mind, as she could tell he was anxious.

"Rán what is going on?" Thora questioned as she appeared through the crowd.

"I don't know, but stay close. I dont have a good feeling about this." She warned as curtains were pulled aside revealing Ivar and Freydis illuminated by fire. "Bit dramatic." Rán commented quietly to herself.

"My people!" Ivar grinned "You are all welcome to the table." He announced loudly causing Rán, Hvitserk and Thora to share a glance. "It is important to us that everyone here feels involved in the life of our great town. Kattegat is growing and has easily become a great trading station, the greatest one in all of Scandinavia!" He praised earning a cheer from the people. "Kattegat has changed since my father's time, our seer Rán knows this to be true." He motioned to Rán. "In those days he knew everyone, and he was happy to share his power, with those he knew, and those he trusted." He explained to the people. "My father, he gave me this responsibility," he continued as he held up his arm band. "And All father, Odin! Gave me this responsibility." He spoke up loudly earning a proud gaze from Freydis as he continued to speak. "I have accepted it, and I ask you to trust me. We can not allow everyone to vote, but with Rán as our seer and your duty to protect Kattegat, and my duty to protect it. We must change the rules" he explained before motioning to put out a few more fires leaving only one to cast dark shadows over his face.

Rán tightened her grip on Hvitserk's hand before reaching for Thora's with the other. "I dont know where this is going." she whispered. "I haven't been shown anything."

"Those who are trusted will vote on common things such as land, matrimonial issues and murder inquiries, things that you dont need to worry about, because I will take care of you, and I will lead you!" He exclaimed. "The only thing that is truly important is to know who we are, who is with us." He paused as he looked over the people to look at Rán. "And who is against us!" He growled loudly before looking back to the crowd. "And we know who we are, dont we?" He questioned the crowd who yelled in response. "So now it is time to find those who threaten us. It could be anyone." He shrugged as he leaned back in his chair.

"You clever bastard." Rán gasped silently. He basically was turning Kattegat into a World War II situation. Have them all turn on one another until only the most loyal remain. Children telling on mother's and father's just to be put in Ivar the god's good graces. "Things are going to get so bloody." She whispered catching Hvitserk and Thora's attention ignoring Ivar's words and the approving chants of the crowd.