Dragon of the North

Rán seemed to have an unwavering scowl on her face as she walked through the market along side Feng and Shao. People were quick to move out of her way as her hand rested loosely on her new sword. Feng stopped and turned to look at Rán looking over her intimidating exterior. "Your face will stay like that if you dont stop scowling, relax we are here for some fun, and I intend to spend my coin on women and wine." He smirked as he moved closer to her looking her over. "Unless you wish to keep me company." He grinned.

Rán hid her look of disgust. She would rather cut off her arm, but it would be easier to keep him away from the woman Mazu mentioned. She swallowed as she let a grin cross her lips. "Brave of you to wish to drink with me." She teased.

Feng only grew more excited at her taunting before he found a room for them to stay at and ordered a large pot of wine. He walked into the room and took a seat before generously pouring to cups and throwing his back. "This gives us a chance to talk as well. You told me Mazu sent you, but I never got an answer as to why." He continued.

Rán placed her sword off to the side and took a seat on the ground across from him, throwing back the wine with a grunt. "Im your protection, for the next two months. She thought your fate wasn't your true destiny, and I am here to make sure you end up on the right path." She explained as she refilled their cups.

"I die dont I?" He questioned bluntly. "And not a pirates death in battle or at sea with his ship or else you wouldn't be here."

"Seems you are quite intelligent." She mocked with a laugh.

"Will you tell me?" He asked again before he took a sip.

"No. I've found fate to be chaotic, like a ship being tossed around in a terrible storm. Best to hold on and ride it out." She informed as she noticed Feng wasn't listening and was eyeing her tattoos. "I know you wish to ask, they have always been a topic if interest." She shrugged as she rolled up her sleeve revealing more.

He leaned forward taking her arm and turning it to look at the designs. "How many do you have?" He questioned as the topic of his fate had purposefully been forgotten.

Rán rolled her eyes at his ability to simply move from one topic to another as if the prior conversation meant nothing. "My entire body is covered." She replied flatly.

"Well now that is something I have to see." He replied instantly knowing she would have to remove her clothes.

Rán knew what he was doing, it was obvious. Ivar had done the exact same thing to her. "Is this just another way for you to get me naked?" She raised a brow calling him out.

Feng coughed as he choked on his drink. "You really are quite bold." He grinned as he managed to compose himself.

"I wasn't always, but I had to so I could survive. Earned a name for myself." She spoke proudly.

"And what did they call you besides Rán?" He responded out of curiosity.

"Dragon of the North was rather popular." She shrugged causing the man to stop short and stare.

"You're "the" Dragon of the north?" He nearly yelled. "One of the most skilled bowman and vicious fighters that fought beside the son's of Ragnar, the Dragon who lead with Ivar the Boneless, Dragon?" Feng went on.

Rán froze unaware her reputation had travel this far East. "Yes?" She uttered cautiously.

"My uncle told me about you! He told me about how two guards wouldn't let you into the city so you fought them both and won. Weren't you betrothed to Ivar?" He questioned as his words began to slur, but froze when Rán crushed the cup in her hand drawing blood.