2 Ravens 3 Days

Rán was sound asleep in her bed when the creaking of floorboards woke her holding her dagger defensively before her. Her long raven hair was a wavy mess free of braids as she wore only a loose tunic. Her dark eyes glared into the darkness as Ivar sat before the dying coals of her fire. "You still have the dagger I made you." He hummed as his bright blue eyes shown through the darkness.

"It was a gift, and saved my life. Only an idiot would throw away a weapon." She responded lowering her weapon slightly. "Want to tell me why you broke into my home and decided to watch me as I sleep?" She questioned.

"You wish to kill me?" He responded.

"If thats what it takes to stop you then I will." She responded honestly. "A lot went wrong in York, if you still see me as your friend you must trust my words when I tell you, you are not a god, and you will loose everything." She continued.

Ivar chuckled as he shook his head. "Ivar the Boneless is a god." He snapped as he glared at her hoisting himself to his feet. "You were sent by the gods to help and serve me!" He growled as he grew closer to stand in front of her as Rán still sat on her bed watching his movements like a hawk. He gripped her throat as he pulled her close to his face. "And you will continue to do so, and you will be by my side with Freydis." He grinned. "Like a pet."

Rán lifted her chin as his hand still rested around her throat. "You dont own me Ivar." She hissed.

His gripped tightened but her expression held no fear. "You are quite mistaken." He released her and moved aside as five men entered her home. Ivar walked out as Rán slid from her bed dagger at the ready.

"Who's first?" She hummed as she looked between the men. The first charged at her causing her to leap back up on bed and side flip over him and drop to the ground slicing the achilles of one of the men. He dropped to the floor in agony as Rán wove her way through the men earning only a few cuts and bruises as she dashed out of her house to prevent any further damage to her home. She froze at the crowd around her as Ivar grinned at her disheveled appearance as the men sauntered out behind her.

"I dont know whether I should be offended or impressed." She chuckled as she shuffled her bare feet against the cold ground as one of the men started to bind her wrists behind her back. They shoved her through the streets of Kattegat before shoving her to the ground and tying her to a large post.

A crowd had started to gather as Rán held her head high as Ivar moved to stand before the shivering woman. "You always did hate the cold, I'll cut you free when you recognize me as your king. Or I can let you freeze to death." He shrugged as he turned back to the people of Kattegat. "You all know the stories of the great dragon of the north!" He smiled with a laugh. "She is no goddess and nor does she speak for the gods, any man or woman who aids this woman will be put to death!" He ordered before stalking off leaving the people to stare at Rán.

"Don not pity me, I'll be okay." She chattered. She only wore a thin set of trousers and a loose tunic as her feet were bare and the wind blowing her dark hair about. She pulled at the restraints around her wrists as she looked back up to see Thora watching with her family. Rán took a deep breath as she pressed her back against the post and closed her eyes taking a deep breath. The crowd slowly dispersed as they looked on in pity at the shivering woman.

She stood until morning as Rán struggled to stay awake. Her head bobbed slightly as she lost feeling in her feet and fingers. Her skin had grown pale and her lips a soft shade of blue as she continued to shiver. "If I really am gifted to work with the gods, then I am ready to start another contract." She stuttered as he voice was a quiet whisper.

"You willing to accept a contract with anyone huh? You have gotten yourself into quite the bind." Skuld chuckled as she circled her.

"Never, again." Rán snapped weakly. "In such case I would rather freeze." She looked up to see Skuld was gone. Rán let her head fall back as she looked at the sky to see two ravens circling her. A breathy laugh fell from her lips as her laughing caught the attention of people passing by until they stopped completely at the sight of the two ravens. Rán took a deep breath as she closed her eyes once again letting herself fall to her knees. She stayed tied to the post for three nights and three days, the Ravens never stopped circling her the entire time. On the forth night Rán woke to the sound of drums and screaming. She glanced aroung seeing fires lighting up the night sky as the sound of drums grew louder and louder. A small group of men rounded the corner and started making their way towards her. She pulled at the restraints anxiously as they cut her free and dragged her to her feet. She tried to stand but four days of no food, water or warmth she was lucky ahe was breathing. Two men carried her as they hooked their her own and gragged her along towards the docks amongst screaming and panicking people who were being forced as well. She was brought up along side a cloaked figure to stand before Ivar and Freydis. Rán almost didn't recognize the two. Ivar's rest was red, and his face was painted white and red dripped down from his eyes. A crown made of bird skulls encircled his head as a chest piece adorned with the same skulls rested across his collar leaving his torso exposed with cap of furs down his back. Freydis was dressed all in white her hair was a mess of braids and frizz as her face was painted white just as Ivar's, but with black across both her eyes and the dripping red down her face. Adorned with a similar crown of bird skulls. Both smiled at her arrival along with the cloaked figure beside her. Ivar stood from his throne and walked forward a but onto the dock towards the large stand at the end.