Sends a Message

A groan fell past Rán's lips as she woke from her sleep. She glanced up and let out a loose chuckle as she saw Ivar sitting in the corner. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She hummed as she lowered her head and lightly tugged at her bindings to ease her aching muscles.

"I left my son to the wolves last night." He commented as he raised his head. It was clear that he had been crying as his eyes were red and puffy.

"And you come here after murdering your son?" She questioned calmly.

Ivar frowned as he glared at her. "What kind of father would I be if I had let him suffer as I have." He snarled as he hoisted himself up to look down on her.

Rán glanced up at him "You son was deformed, wasn't he?" She questioned gently.

"Shut your mouth!" He barked before slapping her across the face. He took a deep breath to calm his rage before he her forced her to look at him. "I think you have spoken enough, twisting the people of Kattegat's thoughts against me." He gripped her jaw and leaned close. "Maybe I should cut out your tongue?" He questioned as Rán tried to pull away keeping her lips pressed closed. "Or maybe since Hvitserk has betrayed me I should ruin that beautiful face of yours." He thought aloud only gripping onto her harder. "Or I could publicly torture you. I could not only punish Bjorn for thinking he could take Kattegat from me, but also let the people know that I am their god, and not even some outsider blessed by the gods could stand against me." He declared as Rán's eyes widened.

Ivar grinned as he finally got the look of fear he had wanted. "Guards! Bring her outside." He ordered as he stepped back.

"Ivar dont do this! Ivar? IVAR!" She screamed as the two guards hauled her weak frame up with ease. They dragged her out to Ivar's statue with only a little bit of trouble. Those not burnt alive by Ivar watched in worry as she thrown to the ground. She groaned as she gripped a handful of dirt as the pain through her body spiked and slowly faded.

"People of Kattegat!" Ivar yelled out as he stumbled to stand before Rán as the guards hauled her to her feet and tied her up against the vandalized statue. "As you all know we were supposed to go raid York this spring. To take it back from those filthy Saxons and reclaim it as part of our empire of Kattegat. I sent my brother, Hvitserk, her lover to return with King Olaf and his army. We were going to attack York together. Unfortunately they are not here!" He barked as he looked at Rán who pulled at her bindings. "My brother has betrayed us, and marches with King Olaf to take Kattegat from us. This woman, out seer, betrayed you just as he did. Lying and tricking you to believe that I am not a god." Ivar explained as he pointed at her.

"Do not believe him! I am blessed by Freya and Thor!" She yelled out as she tried to show her runes. "I have spoken with Skuld and met the all father, Odin. I have see the fate of Kattegat and its people! Ivar is no god! He is a mad man!" Rán yells angrily as her body started to fill with rage.

"I am a god!" He yelled gruffly.

"You are just an angry little boy!" Rán snapped back as the mark of Thor on her arm started to burn. "The queen drips poison into his ear to cloud his mind! I have never failed you, and have always fought for the people of Kattegat!"

"Silence!" Ivar motioned to the guard and she was punched violently across the face.

She collapsed against her restraints with a wheeze as her vision went out of focus for a moment as she struggled to regain her composure as blood dripped from her mouth.

"Instead of attacking York we will recognize our own vulnerability to attacks, and fortify our walls and strengthen the defenses of our great town!" He spoke earning a cheer. "I am Ivar the god, I am hear with you, speaking for you! For those who wish to destroy us like this woman here, they must know this; you will never overcome Kattegat. We will always defeat you. The gods are with us, and love us!" He yelled earning a rally of cheers.