Chapter 14

Harry didn't see Draco for a few days after that. People were leaving to go home for the holidays that afternoon. He knew that Draco wasn't going to go home but he wanted to talk to him. He had planned to leave and spend the holidays with the Weasleys but he would stay if Draco asked him to. Though, with everything going on, he needed to know what that conversation with Snape was all about before he made a decision.

Harry started wandering the halls, hoping to just run into him but he wasn't having much luck. He turned around and started heading back to the Gryffindor common room. He'll have to get his cloak and sneak into Draco's room again. He was nearly there when someone grabbed his arm and pulled him into an empty classroom. Harry saw the flash of white-blond hair before someone pushed him up against the wall and kissed him. Harry wanted so badly to just melt into the moment but he knew that had to talk to him.

Harry pulled back and put his hands on Draco's shoulders, keeping him at arm's length. "Wait, we need to talk."

Draco groaned. "What is it with you and talking?"

"It's important, Draco."

He sighed and stepped back, leaning against one of the desks. "Okay. Talk."

"What were you doing at the party yesterday?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "This is what was so important? Look, I wasn't there to crash the party. I was just wandering the halls and I heard some music. I was just curious to see what was going on."

"Blaise was there. He didn't tell you about the party?"

Draco shrugged. "He might have. I don't remember."

"And Snape? Did he give you a hard time?"

He shook his head. "You know how it is with Snape. He rarely punishes Slytherins. He just told me to stay away from the party."

"That's it?"

He nodded.

"And here I was stupid enough to think you would tell me the truth."

"Excuse me?"

Harry stepped toward Draco. "I know that's not what you two talked about."

"You were eavesdropping on me? What the hell, Potter?" Draco's cheeks were turning red with anger.

"Why did Snape make an unbreakable vow with your mother? What is it that you have to do?"

Draco straightened up. "You had no right to eavesdrop. It's none of your damn business!"

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I just wanted to talk to you after what happened."

"Then you should have left after you knew I wasn't alone."