Chapter 25

Harry knew that he was just being paranoid. That Draco wasn't working with his parents on some nefarious scheme. Harry trusted Draco but he couldn't ignore the evidence any longer. So, one afternoon, Harry decided to follow him.

Draco had a routine, Harry noticed. He went to his classes and then he seemingly goes to the library but, according to Harry's map, he doesn't stay. He goes somewhere and disappears completely from the map. Harry had to investigate.

He hadn't meant to spy on Draco. He had just been looking at the map for fun when he noticed that Draco disappeared from the map. After that he became curious and he noticed that Draco constantly disappeared from the map at the same time every day.

He pulled on his cloak and walked out of their dorm. He held the map underneath the cloak and followed it until he saw Draco himself. He tucked the map in his robe pocket and followed Draco at a distance. Draco didn't seem concerned that anyone was following him and Harry felt guilt in the pit of his stomach and considered turning back. He almost did but then a door appeared in front of Draco and he slipped inside. Harry quickly looked at his map and saw that Draco wasn't on there. The Room of Requirement didn't show up on the map.

What the bloody hell was he doing in there all the time? There was only one way to find out. He followed Draco inside.

****

Draco didn't know what else to do. He's tried every spell and the damn cabinet still wasn't working. But this was his last option. He didn't have another plan. Plus, if he were to bring other deatheaters to the school then maybe he wouldn't have to kill Dumbledore. Maybe one of them would do it. Maybe he wouldn't be damned and his family would be safe.

He placed an apple into the cabinet and closed the door. He didn't know how long it would take for someone to receive the item so he decided to come back tomorrow to check. He turned to leave but froze. He could feel that he wasn't alone. He pulled out his wand and looked around the room. It was filled with so much junk that the person could be anywhere. He should just go.

He walked toward the door when something off to his right fell. He turned toward the noise and said a spell. Something invisible fell to the ground. Invisible.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here, Potter?" Draco snapped.

He walked over and pulled the cloak off of Harry's immobile body. Draco said the counterspell and Harry got to his feet.

"It's not—"

"What it looks like?" Draco crossed his arms. "It looks like you were spying on me, Potter."

"I wasn't intending to spy on you." Harry protested and pulled out a blank parchment that after saying a phrase revealed itself to be the Marauders' Map. "I have this map that shows me everyone's whereabouts in the school as well as secret passages. I noticed one day that you kept disappearing from the map and I wanted to know what didn't show on the map."

"You could have asked me."

"Would you have told me the truth?"