Chapter 33

Harry was waiting for Draco to come down to breakfast. He had gone back to his dorm, showered and changed before heading down to wait by the Great Hall doors. He needed to talk to Draco so that he could understand what happened last night. Draco had nearly killed himself and the thought of losing him like that, terrified Harry. Harry wanted so bad to help him but Draco had to let him in for that to happen.

When Harry saw the blond heading down to breakfast by himself, he was relieved. He didn't want anyone else around when he talked to him. Draco blatantly ignored Harry and walked past him toward the doors.

"Draco," Harry reached out and grabbed his arm to get his attention.

Draco pulled his arm away and turned to face him. "What the bloody hell do you want, Potter?"

Harry was taken back by the hate in his voice. "I-I just wanted to apologize. I realized that I never did that."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Apology not accepted." He turned on his heels but Harry turned him right back around.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Last time I checked, Potter, we weren't friends." Draco spat. "As evident in what you did yesterday."

"What I did?" Harry asked, incredulously. "You were the one that started it!"

"Yeah, well, I didn't almost kill you, did I?"

"You did almost kill yourself!"

Draco scowled and shushed him. "You have no proof of that."

"The proof was written all over your god damn face yesterday! As well as the wand at your throat."

Draco snarled and turned to leave but yet again, Harry grabbed him. Draco pulled his arm away and glared.

"Would you stop fucking touching me?" He growled.

"No," Harry said and to prove his point, he grabbed Draco's shoulders and pushed him up against a wall in the shadows of one of the statues.

Draco's surprise turned to rage as he glared down at Harry. "What do you think you're doing?"

Harry's blood was heating just being this close to him. He knew that he should hate him for the rollercoaster of emotions that Draco had chained him into. He had been the best and worst thing that had ever happened to him. But he couldn't stay mad at Draco. Harry was able to see that there is more to Draco than meets the eye. He was broken and fragile and Harry couldn't help his feelings any more than he could stop an avalanche hurtling toward him. And being this close to him and feeling his breath on his cheeks, Harry didn't care about hiding his feelings.

"What happened yesterday?" Harry was practically begging him with his eyes.